PDA

View Full Version : No Legs!!!!

lindajane1971
02-04-10, 13:56
My gran called me to ask to take her shopping as i do every week. While in the supermarket my legs started to feel very weak, like they wernt there and i thought they seemed to feel they were very cold.
Anyway got out the shop and back to grans, just sitting in her house, drinking a cuppa with her and i feel like im swaying on the seat even though i know i wasnt, i then started to feel awfy nauseaus and figety.
Got up to come home and my legs just felt like they wernt there at all and that i wouldnt be able to walk to the car! I did manage to slowly get to the car and while driving home they felt ok.
Sitting at home now still feeling nauseaus and now worried about it. :weep:

crazyhayz
02-04-10, 13:59
that isclassic depersonalization. and the rest pof the symptoms are those of panic attack/anxiety which u got from worrying about the depersonalization. dont worry atall xxx

lindajane1971
02-04-10, 14:06
thanks crazy, its just the nausea is so strong!! My legs still feel very weak but not quite as bad as when at my grans. I am meant to start work at 3 and i really dont want to go at all now

crazyhayz
02-04-10, 15:02
if u avoid things it will make it worse. trust me on that one!! i did this and u will just make yourself more anxious and much, much worse all round. yes the nausea is because u r getting anxious about it. the nerves in your body are standing on end and adrenalin is pumping vigorously through every part of ur body, thats why u r getting all these symptoms. I do CBT and its amazing.

Do the following: Get comfy and relax ur entire body, arms relaxed by your side. Close ur eyes, or keep them open, it doesnt matter. Ok, breathe in slowly for 5 seconds, hold for 1 second, then breathe out for 7 seconds. Do it again. In blocks of three then have a little break for 30 seconds.. Keep doing it until u feel calm and ur breathing is back to normal. (this is happening because ur hyperventilating, which in turn causes all the other nasty symptoms... thats whats causing the weakness in the legs, its having too much oxygen levels in ur bloodstream (this isnt harmful by the way, and u often wont know ur hyperventilating!! i never thought i was overbreathing, but hospital monitors showed i was massively!)

Anyway, Whilst u r doing this, dont say the words but THINK them, SAY them in ur head: "THINK CALM". "IT WILL PASS.. I AM OK" and i know it sounds crazy but smile as u say these words in your head. This is what i have been taught in my CBT sessions by my mental health therapist. It really does work. If anything was guna happen to you, gosh it woulda happened already hun! :) Ur ok! xxx Let me know how that goes....