PDA

View Full Version : tight scalp, dizziness, tingling nose and lip...

stressbunny
02-04-10, 15:15
Some support please...I have had a couple of dreadful days. I have been constantly light headed, and today have a really tight head/scalp.

My nose feels really odd and stuffy (like I've been punched!) and my top lip is tingling... My tongue feels a bit odd and even my eyes feel prickly...

I have a real MS phobe so these new symptoms (esp the dizziness) is really not helping. I already twitch and feel weak in the arms etc

Please reassure...I simply have had enough today...I just want to feel well.. or at least happy sometimes. At the minute I just want to SCREAM.

I honestly feel that I am anxious about the symptoms, not that the symptoms are the result of anxiety...

Also, does anyone know when MS shows on an MRI? ie How long before symptoms appear. I had a brain scan about 18 months ago (pre anxiety) cos I have a facial spasm. The MRI was normal.

Thanks (already I feel better just typing how I feel today)

Purple Fish
02-04-10, 17:32
Hey,
Your symptoms are anxiety especially the dizziness it used to plague me. You could be getting a cold or something that`s why your nose feels funny.

Try reading the health anxiety article on here it`s really good and I even printed off a copy to carry around with me for when I was feeling rubbish!

The dizziness was the worst symptom for me but once I learned to except it was all part of the anxiety it seemed to stop when I was thinking about it!

You`ll be fine

Take care

Tanya xx

stressbunny
02-04-10, 18:32
thanks purple fish x

mary3
02-04-10, 19:57
Hi i get all sorts of strange aches and pains in my face especially around my nose and eyes, it took me a long time to work out what was causing but eventually my dentist said it was because i was clenching my teeth when i was anxious. He found this out as my tongue had an exact imprint of my teeth around the edge caused be me clenching down so hard. I know that it is due to this as i can recreate the aches and pains if i purposefully clench my jaw tight. You have so many muscles connected round your jaw, face and head that this may be what is causing your problem and the feeling of a tight scalp? Hope this helps a little x