PDA

View Full Version : can u get costent tension pain on just one side of head

rachel marie
02-04-10, 15:36
had this dull acey pain on the right side of my head for weeks now like i can feel somthink in my head, my doctor said it is tension but when i googled tension pain it says its a all over head pain and mine is just on the right side like a constent pressure pain, i have also been getting random shooting pains all over my head in random places. im realy worried.
i have had a ct scan witch came back normal but worried they missed somthink. im getting on evereyones nervs complaining about this pain all the time i just need to no if anyone else has felt the same so i no its normal:weep:

just wanted to no if anyone else gets tension pain on just one side of there head ?
and how long can it last for?.

Jayuk
02-04-10, 15:51
Yes I have had it and I think there's others on here also. I have it mostly on my right but it sometimes goes over to the left side. It's sometimes behind my eye and sometimes around my temple area and towards above my ear. sometimes it pulses too! Lovely hey but I think it's quite common.

J

x

Jannie2948
02-04-10, 16:18
Hi, I've had a pain like this for years. It comes and goes, behind the ear, the side of the head and round the eye. Every time I ask at the Dr's they say it is to do with sinuses! As I say, I have had it for about 6 years and my Dr always says it is nothing to worry about and it can't be a tumour as the pain is not there all the time. I do a lot of audio typing in my job and look at a computer screen most of the day, so I put it down to this.

Hope you will soon feel better.

Jannie x x

sarah jayne
02-04-10, 21:08
yes i always get it on the right hand side, its awful but i suppose its better than being allover...x

Anonybrit
03-04-10, 02:26
had this dull acey pain on the right side of my head for weeks now like i can feel somthink in my head, my doctor said it is tension but when i googled tension pain it says its a all over head pain and mine is just on the right side like a constent pressure pain, i have also been getting random shooting pains all over my head in random places. im realy worried.
i have had a ct scan witch came back normal but worried they missed somthink. im getting on evereyones nervs complaining about this pain all the time i just need to no if anyone else has felt the same so i no its normal:weep:

just wanted to no if anyone else gets tension pain on just one side of there head ?
and how long can it last for?.

Rachel, let me put your mind at ease. I am a chronic sufferer of tension headaches, and whilst they are fairly poorly understood (unlikely to actually have much to do with tension or muscles), they are entirely harmless.

Tension headaches can be quite complex in terms of the sensations involved, but all you see written down is "pressure-like pain on both sides of the head". Wrong, tension headaches can occur anywhere around the skull and often involve the neck.

Personally I do often get slight "shooting aches" (as I like to call them) around the head during a tension headache.

The point is, you have had a head CT, this would tell you if raised intracranial pressure (pressure inside the skull) was causing your headaches, and there was nothing there so it's not that. You've had the ultimate diagnostic tool for ruling out any sinister cause of headaches and you can truly rest easy now.

My tension headaches are often brought on by poor posture, others find stress and anxiety causes theirs, try to figure out you trigger and avoid it.

crazyhayz
03-04-10, 10:07
A CT wouldnt 'miss something'. You are anxious and are suffering from anxiety headaches. Which, having them myself few months back, i kjnow they r awful, i had them all on left side of my head, and behind both ears. Pressure and burning in my skull. Almost fainted twice with the agony. Since I had CT ive not had them once. Coxz ive accepted i havent got anything wrong with me. However, stress/feeling down, can bring these sort of headaches on. But honestly, a CT would NO WAY miss something. It checks your skull, blood vessels, tissues incase of tumours, etc etc etc, u r fine, u need to get some strong meds from doctor (painkillers and anxiety meds) and seek help for your anxiety through CBT. Its what ive done and im almost completely cured of HA and have my life back xx good luck :) and dont worry!!! :)

Zee
03-04-10, 20:49
Now and then I get a pressure type feeling either left side of head or sometimes top of head.. I was told it was likely sinus related and strangely I have tension in my shoulders when I get that type of head pressure.