PDA

View Full Version : alcohol, hangover and angst

stressbunny
03-04-10, 11:44
Just interested in what everyones experience and thoughts on alcohol are really.

As usual I has too much wine last night, and I am really struggling to type...my left hand is weak and shaky, my movements are jerky and my anxiety and depression seems so mucy worse..

I am sure it is just alcohol related, but before anxiety set in I never used to really suffer with hangovers...

I def drink too much these days, and part of it is that I worry about sleeping.

I do think though that the anxiety means that the booze has a much greater effect on me...both at the time of drinking and the morning after.

Just interested if anyone else thinks this....

stressbunny
03-04-10, 12:18
no i'm not. But it is interesting what you say cos that is how I feel. We are just on the way out to another do and will be caning the champagne all day. I know I will feel better briefly, but then dreadful so I think I might pack it in compeletely. I had a month off recently and my anx was (slightly) better

Cell block H fan
03-04-10, 15:41
Alcohol is actually a depressant. It makes you happy on the night, but the next day is not a good come down, not as bad as most illegal drugs, but a come down all the same.
If it affects you that bad it might be worth stopping it for a while. I drink 2 nights a week, usually about 7 units each of those nights. I always feel a bit blerggh the next day, but no hangover & nothing terrible. It was when I drank waaaaay too much I would have terrible hangovers & feel miserable. So I cut down a lot.
I wouldn't like to give it up comepletely, but I dont need to now having learnt my limits. Unless my liver starts playing up of course.
xxx