PDA

View Full Version : weight loss

jothenurse
03-04-10, 13:49
Has anyone else had a big weight loss from the anxiety? I have lost around 18 pounds. I try to eat small amounts during the day, but I still am losing weight. If I have a bad day, then I can barely eat anything. On a better day, I just try to maintain the weight. Any advice?

jothenurse
03-04-10, 17:19
Thank you for your suggestions.

Anxious_gal
03-04-10, 20:02
I have lost a stone but a few people here have lost a lot of weight due to loss of appetite caused by the anxiety.
I take multivitamins a I'm a vegetarian but my diet can be bad at times too.
I also drink those Innocent smoothies an Innocent orange juice, they are 100% fruit so i figure it' the same as actually eating fruit!
I have found tasty food like bad food with cream and high fat foods more tempting to eat and they do awaken your appetite.
sometimes all i might eat all day will be cheese and crackers and sometime I can totally forget to eat.
I find my appetite does eventually come back and I'm sure yours will too :-)

jothenurse
04-04-10, 15:26
Thank you for your reply.

edwardthebear
04-04-10, 15:59
I have lost approximately a stone since my anxiety took a turn for the worst just after Christmas, I now weigh the same as I did when I was 20 but don't feel anywhere near as good ! I have been eating but I suppose food has lost a lot of its appeal as my mind is in a constant turmoil. Perhaps your body burns up lots more calories when it is almost permanently in fight or flight mode.

jothenurse
04-04-10, 16:16
How much weight in pounds is a stone?

guitarpants
04-04-10, 16:32
I initially lost about 20 lbs over the course of 2 weeks when this started.

jothenurse
04-04-10, 17:14
I've lost about 18 pounds. I think I am still losing.

JT69
04-04-10, 17:27
Hi,

When I suffer a bout of anxiety I always lose weight (sometimes as much as a stone and half) but unfortunately (for me anyhow, being over-weight) it tends to all go back on once it passes.

Jo

edwardthebear
04-04-10, 22:48
How much weight in pounds is a stone?
14 pounds in a stone, sorry most of us Brits still talk in stones !

claire_2910
05-04-10, 02:17
Hi in two years ive lost nearly two stone. Some of it was intentional however but the past few months due to a relationship breakup i have lost a stone of it. I think im still loosing weight too. I feel constantly sick and dont feel like eating.

:(