PDA

View Full Version : New to this site, help needed please :-(

HURRAY4ME
03-04-10, 20:37
Hello, I've been having panic attacks for as long as I can remember, officially over 10 years, however when I look back from about 16 :weep: I have tried many things from CBT, hypnotherapy, visits to numerous therapists, acupunture and of course loads and loads of pills :weep: I have avoided doing many things and going to various places just so I don't get an attack. Over the last couple of years the attacks have got much worse than I expected and longer, once they have gone I become extremely tired and need to sleep, I'm extremely tired and feel like I've been hit with the flu. I worry now that the after effects are now getting worse that the actual attack itself. So I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me. I'm going on holiday in less that 6 weeks and am dreading the 3am alarm call when the attack starts all the way to spain, it's exhausting. Please Please help me.:weep:

diane07
03-04-10, 20:38
Hi HURRAY4ME

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bottleblond
03-04-10, 20:45
Hi there

Did you know you use about the same amount of energy having a panic attack as when running a small marathon? I was told that many years ago by a therapist and i can quite believe it as they always leave us feeling tired and lathargic.

Welcome along to NMP! Have a good look through the forum as you will get loads of advice and gain lots of support on the site.

Lovely to meet you

Lisa
x

anx mum
03-04-10, 20:51
hi like urself ive suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for as long as i can remember they have really affected my life and controlled me. Can really understand how u feel plz b reassured that no matter how bad the attacks r they will not harm u although they r so real and scary. There is so many people on this site who can help you get thr this pm anytime:hugs:

Vanilla Sky
03-04-10, 22:26
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x