PDA

View Full Version : Dizzyness

janet
03-04-10, 23:47
Hi I feel dizzy all the time,my Dr just asks if Ive fainted when I say no he s not interested.I get alot of pain in my neck and shoulders nothing ive tried has helped pain killers etc.I dont know if panic causes the dizzyness or whether I get dizzy then panic either way I am feeling tired depressed and reluctant to go out especially on my own.I am agrophobic but have been managing to go out long as not more than 2 hours drive away.Any ideas how I can get my muscles in my neck and back to relax.

diane07
03-04-10, 23:49
Hi janet

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

KK77
04-04-10, 00:06
Hello Janet

That's a hard one because stress and anxiety can cause muscle tension and vice versa. I have this problem of chronic neck/shoulder muscle tension and along with pain meds (which really aren't the solution, other than a temporary help), I find that stretching exercises (I do pilates) and massage helps. But I think the strongest factor here is learning to relax - that's why treating your anxiety is so vital in my opinion.

I hope you feel better soon and welcome you to NMP.

steveo5
04-04-10, 11:14
Hi Janet i can relate to what you have said, ive had busy stressful life and worry about things so put it down to that, but yes i get the tightness in neck and shoulders and feel down because dont sleep well either, its just vicious circle ive tried painkillers but no good, my lightheaded and dizzyness used to seem worse when i was out especialy in supermarket or shopping mall, would be nice to be able to relax and chill im sure it would help us. tc steve

Jannie2948
04-04-10, 13:59
I also suffer with this blooming dizziness and lightheaded feeling and I think it is the worse thing about anxiety/panic, because when I've got those feelings it makes be panic!! I have terrible tension in neck, upper back and shoulders and I agree with the stretching idea, it certainly helps but I still have the dizzy feeling some of the time. Have it right now as I am typing this but hopefully, sitting and relaxing this afternoon will help get rid of it. I wish I knew the answer, I am going to have a word with my Dr the next time I am there for a repeat prescription. I'm on meds for the anxiety/panic and they really help, just wish I could get over these last hurdles. :-)

I wish you all the best, and if you find anything that works for the dizziness, please let us know.

Jannie x x

Ladybelle
05-04-10, 14:33
I too suffer with dizziness ...... I posted earlier today that exact thing !! Seems to come with no warning tho ..... hate it :( No matter how much I seem to be able to come to terms with anxiety, the dizziness still throws me into a tailspin .... :(

Zee
05-04-10, 14:51
Same here with the dizziness caused by tense muscles in shoulders and neck

ann01
05-04-10, 17:42
I have the dizziness and lightheaded feeling most day, my neck, shoulders and back are so sore today, which is probably whats causing the dizziness, its such a horrible scary feeling, i tend to slouch over alot too which wont help.

ElizabethJane
05-04-10, 18:00
Hi Janet I'm sorry that you are feeling like this. It sounds as if you might benefit from seeing an osteopath. He/she would certainly be able to help free up the tense muscles in your neck and shoulders. I also do pilates which also helps. Some deep tissue massage by a qualified therapsit would also help. Take care EJ.

janet
08-04-10, 01:22
Thanks everyone for their advice.Went to see a show last night was so dizzy thought Id have to leave as started to panic.but I stuck it out managed to relax and was better before interval.

Typer
08-04-10, 13:22
Welcome. I too get dizzy and lightheaded. never sure if its the anx, or if I get anx because of it