PDA

View Full Version : Light headed and ear pain, please respond

j2
04-04-10, 04:05
I have a long history of health anxiety. I have also struggled with ear, nose and throat issues for most of my 38 years. I had my tonsils out in my early 30's, as well as my sinuses scoped twice to remove polyps. Currently I am feeling like both my ears are plugged, there is a some ringing, and I am light headed. I am also having frequent but not constant pain in my neck/throat. I am hoping this is just sinus problems but I can't stop thinking I have a tumor in my throat and it has spread to my brain. I have been coping with all over muscle and joint pains for a year or so. The pains are sometimes like arthritis and other times there is pain in my finger tips or on top of my hand or over my elbow. I just keep freaking out that this is some sort of tumor or neuro disease. Most of the time I don't think I feel anxious but maybe things are tearing me up just below the surface and I am expressing the emotional pain as physical pain. Regardless of the cause I am scared and worried. I just want my life back and could use some words of encouragement from people who understand. Sorry for such a desperate post but I don't know where else to turn. Nobody else undestands what it is like to live in this prison of a mind that can't make sense of itself.

J2

chrislot
04-04-10, 04:12
There are two conditions that could explain some of your simptoms, One is pyroluria, a genetic defect that depletes the body of zinc and vitamin B6. The other is high histamine aka histadellia. These both cause extreme anxiety. Do some research and I hope this helps.

xlouloux
04-04-10, 15:14
hi hun. I also suffer with health anxiety. I have or have had all of the symptoms you are experiencing. Im so sorry to hear you are going through a bad time. I find the more I focus on a certain symptom the worse it seems to get. Until of course I find something else to worry about then they seem to subside. Just try relaxing and try your best to distract yourself from these symptoms. Easier said than done I know. My anxiety always catastrophises everything and when I look back I wonder why I worried so much. I totally know what you mean about wanting your life back. I feel as if I have been trapped by my anxiety since I have had it. Like I cannot get on with my life. The worst thing you can do is to let this win and dwell on it. I hope you feel better soon x x x

Louise