PDA

View Full Version : tingling and pain in hands

lesleyB
04-04-10, 16:02
:ohmy:Hi, haven't been here for ages having moved house, thought I could cope but am feeling very down at the moment. It was great when we moved very happy but getting pains in hands at night and very tired have I got MND

Stars
04-04-10, 16:12
hey hun,
hope you are feeling ok hunny, have you been to the docs x

smpomeroy
04-04-10, 18:30
tinging and pain in hands at night is possibly carpel tunnel which is totally non serious and solved either with splints to wear at night on your hands and if that fails with a very quick op under local anasthetic. If you rest on your elbow with your hands pointing up in a relaxed position does it start to tingle after a while? Thats a classic sign. I have had two carpel tunnel ops (one on each hand) and it was fine so if its that dont fret. Go to the docs and ask him to get it checked.

suz

crazyhayz
05-04-10, 01:02
tingling n hands and feet, pains in hands fingers and toes, is all down to having too much oxygen levels in your blood. This is caused by over-breathing (hyperventilation), which is the mainc auswe for many ppl's physical panic symptoms. And no, u wont always know u are over-breathing. U have to train ur brain to think calmly and relax ur entire body and breathe in for 5 seconds, holding it for 1 second, then out for 7 seconds. Do this 3 times then have a break for 30 seconds.; Then do another 3. I learnt this in CBT and it works really well. But no u havent got carpel tunnel or nefing like that, its just hyperventilation. It will pass when ur calm and relaxed and not feeling so anxious; good luck xx

smpomeroy
05-04-10, 09:35
crazy - it could easily be over breathing but if it is carpel tunel then thats nothing nasty ar sinister and its better to get that checked because its so easily resolved and you will be free of the pain in time.