PDA

View Full Version : So scared guys

Peter_Scott
04-04-10, 17:00
I know I am a silly guy and I should not be scared but I am. I am here alone on Easter Sunday, my head is throbbing for the 8 th week every day, and all I can think of is this thing in my head, on my brain stem, and having to wait another 3 weeks for the MRI then a wait for the results then if this thing has grown I know well that there will be nothing that can be done, and then I have no more than weeks, then the end nothing gone. I am so sorry to vent on here, but each night I go to sleep hoping that it will go away. I have not given up, I am just so sad and alone,

Peter

countrygirl
04-04-10, 17:23
Peter so sorry you are on your own today - any bank holiday always feels much worse if you have to spend it alone. Do you have pain in your head 24/7 or does it come and go. Obviously until you have your scan and results no one can say to you you def don't have anything to worry about but keep hold of the fact that after your last scan no one rushed you in for more tests did they - they weren't that concerned so that is good news.
Is there anyone you can talk to today - not necessarily see them but just a phone call - being on your own is allowing plenty of time for your mind to run amok so even a 10 minute talk to someone else will take your mind off you worries.
IF you can afford it you can get a private mri scan done within 24 hrs but they are expensive around £4-500 if done that quick and again your GP would have to contact the company with details so in reality it would take about a week but you get the results in 2-3 days.
Try the CBt trick of making a list of all the none life threatening things tht could be causing you headache like tension - neck problems etc and you will hopefully see that as with anyone there is always the possibility of bad news but most likely nothing will have changed and your headaches are from a benign source.
Most important of all is to try and talk to someone today.

stressbunny
04-04-10, 17:39
Hi Peter, I do not know what caused the lesion on your first scan anymore than anyone else on the forum, but I have followed your threads and I am sure that this re scan is more to do with your current headaches than the original scan results... I am sure they would have wanted to redo the mri at the time, or much sooner than now.. And like countrygirl said there are a million things that could cause your headaches that are all completely harmless. You must be under massive stress and that could be causing the headaches...

Hang in there, and make an appointment asap to discuss your situation and get a better idea of where you stand:bighug1:

smpomeroy
04-04-10, 17:50
peter
Im so sorry you are feeling so bad today, its hard to be on your own and so scared believe me I know how it s. Is there a friend you could call and talk to or meet for a drink and chat? I know you probably feel you dont want to worry anyone but any good friend would not want you scarred on your own.

Try to visualise some positive things as countrygirl said there are so many things that could be causing your headaches and tension from all the worrying is probably right up there as the most likely culprit.

PM me if you need to talk to someone.

Suz

Zee
04-04-10, 20:58
Hi Peter, just like others have said..there are so many things which could be causing your pain and also the constant anxiety you feel will amplify things as well. Im really sorry that you are experiencing this alone.Im also available by pm if you need to talk it through.