PDA

View Full Version : Homeopathy

bonzarinababy
17-01-06, 14:40
On a more positive note to my other post today, I was looking for ways other than traditional meds to try and help cure the pa's (or rather give me some relief so I’ve the strength to beat em myself) and was reading an article on homeopathy and how it can help... then did a search in my area and found that my GP is actually a qualified homoeopathist! Which even in my current glum state I have to admit is pretty darn lucky ;)

I'm going to see her tomorrow, but was wondering if any people on here have found homeopathy to be helpful? I did a post search but didn't come up with much - perhaps looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,
BB x

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.

Karen
17-01-06, 19:47
Hi BB

I had some homeopathy and I think some of it helped to a degree. It can be a bit trial and error to find the right combination of remedies for to start with.

It's great that your doctor is qualified in this and it is certainly worth giving alternative therapies a try.

Have a read of the information about Natural Remedies (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=remedies) on the home pages.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
18-01-06, 20:18
I tired aconite once but can't say it did anything for me to be honest.

I paid about £25 to go and see a homeopathist and she gave me 1 tablet and told me go back the next week for more. At £25 a session I decided not to.

Hope it works for you.

Nicola

bonzarinababy
19-01-06, 13:44
Thanks for the replies - that link had lots of interesting stuff on thanks Karen (including the stuff about vit b making your wee yellow - I've been taking some extra strenghth ones for about a week and had noticed - and was starting to niggle away ;))

I've been to the doctors now and she has given me some homeopathic stuff - which for me personally I'm much more comfortable taking, especially as they treat the 'whole person' rather than one remedy for all - but it is a personal thing I know... also I'm really lucky because it was my GP who is qualified, so it was completely free to see her - even the hoepathic medicine she gave me was on prescription!

BBx

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.

Meg
19-01-06, 18:07
Thats all good news

Hope it helps you

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
19-01-06, 18:32
Hi BB

Hope you get some benefits from the remedies. Even better that you got them on prescription.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.