PDA

View Full Version : funny feeling in throat/neck

jothenurse
04-04-10, 23:40
I was wondering if anyone else has this sensation? I have a panic disorder and I noticed that all of a sudden, along with the tight chest muscles and having a hard time taking a deep breath, that now my throat feels tight - almost swollen like - It makes it difficult to eat/swallow. I think several years ago I had something similar - like when I swallowed it seemed like it was sticking in my throat. Went to the MD - and an esophogram, and everything was fine.
Now I have it worse and am wondering if this is like the tight muscles in my chest? It really bothers me.

lazyt2010
05-04-10, 00:04
i somtimes get that feeling to when i have a panic attack

jothenurse
05-04-10, 12:19
Thanks for your replies.

Angelai
05-04-10, 12:51
Ii get this a lot, too. Pretty much every day :weep:

katy3142
15-04-10, 21:00
does anyone ever get this and then feel like they have pressure on their eosphagus and feel a bit nauseas? like senastions in the chest and throat, like burning and/or spasms?? :(

benjamin222
17-04-10, 13:48
Yes this is common. Right now my throat is throbbing... every time my heart beats I can feel the muscles in my throat slightly tensing... it's very uncomfortable and happens whenever I go through anxious periods.

Jodi Howard
29-04-10, 19:42
Hi, I get this too. It feels as if somebody has got their hand around my windpipe, very unnerving but I do think it is just the anxiety. It started happening again the week I got a new job so pretty sure anxiety is the cause...

guitarpants
30-04-10, 02:12
I've had it happen. Thankfully it didn't last any longer than a day or 2.

sweetmummy
30-04-10, 11:55
does anyone ever get this and then feel like they have pressure on their eosphagus and feel a bit nauseas? like senastions in the chest and throat, like burning and/or spasms?? :(

Hi yeah ive had that quite a bit........ its a horrible feeling. :hugs: