PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause/trigger trigeminal neuralgia? (shooting pains)

Girl_Interrupted
04-04-10, 23:52
Ok I was wondering if this is similar or the same as the shooting pains that we can get from time to time. I experience random head pain, it kinda starts from the far side of my jaw and travels up past my left ear. A sharp pain that lasts only seconds and then stops. I might have this a few times and it goes. It have never gotten worse as yet. Just annoying and worrying. Yes i am ashamed to say i did google......didn't help!!!

Are these random pains anxiety induced? Does anyone else experience the same?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Horse
05-04-10, 00:28
I go through times of a shooting pain in the left side of my forehead which usually last a couple of days. As you say, as quick as it starts, it finishes!
I no longer worry about it, being as I have suffered for some years with this!

Think it's just blood vessels as in a headache.

sarah jayne
05-04-10, 12:38
i get this too ....:huh:

Jannie2948
05-04-10, 13:10
Me too, have for years, asked Dr many times and they say it is to do with my sinuses! I think it is anxiety related. I also get it more when I think about it.:wacko:

Girl_Interrupted
05-04-10, 20:44
Thanks for your respones. I did think it might have something to do with my jaw or my bite. I also wear invisalign to correct my teeth. It only however affects one side!! and it doesn't happen all the time. Completely random!

I did look up something called TMJ, it does sound a bit like that, but at the moment it sounds like everything!!