PDA

View Full Version : DVT worry:((Please help if you can

Lissy43
05-04-10, 07:51
Last night I noticed behind my knee, just abit lower at top of calf muscle felt strange when i walked. I had a shower and it was still there, no swelling or extreme pain but it felt like a pinchy type sensation as i walked?

I started the combined pill on Saturday for heavy periods, it took me months to finally do it as i know all the serious risks of dvt, pe, stroke etc... GP prescribed a low dose one called Loestrin 20.

I've got up this morning and it still feels odd when i walk, still no swelling or bad pain but that pinching is still there:( im now worried sick its a dvt:(( I don't know what to do with myself:(( Could it really happen this quick?:(

I have some spots which are dry and sore on that area but surely they can't cause the feeling?:(

Blueeyed87
05-04-10, 09:17
This is a big fear of mine too, just yesterday I had a bruise like feeling in my calf muscle, but it's gone now. If it's not extremely painful and swollen then it's probs not dvt, probs pulled a muscles, I get a pinching feeling in my left calf which I know is tendon related, when I walk mostly, put your mind at ease hope u feel better soon

pink17
05-04-10, 10:21
Hiya,try and not worry,how long have you felt this pain?

Cat80
05-04-10, 10:50
Definately not DVT that quick from the pill. Your leg would be red, shiny, hot and very painful and swollen. It sounds like a tight muscle to me, I get it regularly in the back of my calf. If it weren't for your fear of DVT you probably wouldn't even notice it but your focusing on it because of your worry

pink17
05-04-10, 10:52
Yeh cat80 is right,i have had a dvt and now the slightest twinge i get im in a panick!

Lissy43
05-04-10, 11:01
Just last night, its not swollen or anything?

pink17
05-04-10, 11:12
yeh dont worry about it,if it carries on then go and c your gp just to put your mind at ease,but because its been on your mind the slightest ache you get you are going to think the worse.Their are lots and lots of women that are on the pill hun,try and not worry x

Lissy43
05-04-10, 11:32
I will try not to, its a wierd pain/feeling, like a pinching sensation on the skin?

pink17
05-04-10, 14:37
it could prehaps be a pulled muscle or something,also its not like you have been on the pill very long

Lissy43
05-04-10, 15:57
It feels abit better this afternoon, so fingers crossed it was just muscular.

God how am I going to cope on the pill if im this jumpy?:blush:

pink17
05-04-10, 17:31
u will get used to it hun,the paperwork in medication does worry u,i know times i have read it and thought dont want to take this!

Lissy43
05-04-10, 21:03
Millions of women take it, I need to shake myself sometimes, hehe.

Cat80
06-04-10, 10:56
As you've said millions and millions of women take this and the side effects are so rare. The DVT one will be in people who are bedbound or aren't very active which is why in the side effects list it says they stop the pill if you are likely to be bed bound now. It's one of the safer medicines out there on the market and millions of people wouldn't use this to help their periods if it wasn't safe.

Lissy43
06-04-10, 19:40
Thanks Cat xxxxxxxx