PDA

View Full Version : I ended up in hospital!

ialford
05-04-10, 19:20
Hi, About 3 months ago, I was away for the weekend. It was the 2nd night out when all of a sudden I started to feel very unwell. My head went all funny, I first thought that my drink had been spiked and that I was going to faint. My hands and feet then got the the most severe pins and needles. I rushed outside the pub to get air and noticed that my hands and lower arms were turning inwards and would not move back. My husband got a taxi and rushed me to hospital... I could not even walk from the cab in, they had to get me and put me on a trolly. The doctors all rushed around trying to figure out what was happening? I could not talk, my mouth had fallen down to one side and my eyes were also suffering with the intense feeling of pins and needles. My whole face looked like I had had a stroke! All I can remember was, 'Om going to die'. After some hours the doctor said that it appeared I had a severe panic attack and my body had gone into shock???? I had no idea what this was, what it meant? Anyway, I got back to Uk and went to GP. They ran some tests and confirmed that I now suffer from Panic attacks. I have anxiety every since. I have had more panic attacks but they were much less because I have learnt to control them and I now know what they are. I never drink more than 2 glasses of wine (before hand I would drink a lot), I gave up smoking and never have any caffeine. I also walk loads and drink loads of fresh water. I believe this has made a massive difference.

Let me know if anyone else has had simiular experiences and sypmtoms ?