PDA

View Full Version : head numbness....................................please help :)

rachel marie
05-04-10, 21:15
i have been getting alot of bad pains in the right side of my head and when i havent got the pain its replaced with a constent numb fealing like theres somthink in my head sort of fealing.....
anyway i have started getting this numb fealing on the whole of my forhead but when i rub my forhead it stops fealing numb, its weard :shrug:

btw i have had ct scan was normal.

i wanted to no if this is a normal symtom of anxiety??????:)

cassy1989
05-04-10, 22:00
Hi I would say its tension in your head as I have this sometimes. If I don't have enough sleep I often get stabbing pains down one side of my head and the doctor has said its tension and tensed muscles can make it feel a bit numb xx

crazyhayz
06-04-10, 01:20
deffo anxiety. pains in head, headaches and sharp shooting pains in one side of head, dizziness, weakness in face, numbness in face lips and scalp and neck!! had ct scan, was normal :) and it went as soonas i got the all clear :) it came back again but i didnt get anxious about it as i knew it was me being anxioud that caused it and no didnt get worried. Ive foiund since having CBT and medication that im neatly cured of HA, and alot of it is about accepting you are not seriously ill, and accepting its ALL ANXIETY, then getting the right help to get cured. (CBT and the right medication). But dont worry, this is just panic/anxiety, a doc found upon examining me that my whole body was tense, my neck and shoulder muscles especially, but i didnt even feel that i was tense! i felt normal! lol! thats was anxiety does. its a horrible thing isnt it. Plz dont worry, u r fine, uve had CT and it was normal. If there was ANYTHING wrong with u, it would have been found on CT. Maybe take Kalms (get them from chemist or superdrug somewhere like that).. they rly help to relax u. Sounds like u r so tense and anxious that ur muscles (just like mine) are all tight and therefore when they loosen a bit thats when u get the sharp pains and numbness etc, and obv coz ur so anxious too. I can make my chest area feel numb and painful by just THINKING about it. Thats how powerful the mind is. Rest up and see your doctor hun. All the best xxx

crazyhayz
06-04-10, 01:23
its all about adrenalin. my neurologist explained that anxiety heightens the senses nerves in your brain and in your body, and when u r tense and anxious, these little nerve endings in ur brain and body r 'standing on end' and pumping loads of adrenalin through your blood. if it carries on, go back to to your doc, but i dont think hel do anything as uve already had CT xx But u could always get soimething to help you relax and not worry.. tke crexx