PDA

View Full Version : palpitations/missed beats and thuds at night

smpomeroy
05-04-10, 23:01
Hi
Does anyone just tend to get palps/missed beats and thuds just at night or when laying down? I seem to get them when I am trying to fall asleep and they jolt me awake with a bang often repeatedly - I feel them almost build in my chest then I will get a flutter or missed beat often though not always followed by a really big beat often accompanied by burps (Nice!!). I have read the stuff on the vagus nerve and understand why I might get this but dont get why it only seems to be as I am falling asleep or getting relaxed in bed.

Can anyone help - I didnt manage to sleep til 4.30am this morning and I haven't slept well at all with it the last few nights - its been at least 3am. Cant keep going on with this otherwise I wont be able to make it into work Ill be so exhausted.

Suz:blush:

smpomeroy
06-04-10, 00:14
ps I have suffered from anxiety since my teens and Im now in my mid thirties so I think its about time i got some help.... doctors tomorrow I think.

smpomeroy
06-04-10, 14:08
hmmmm? anyone

sammie23
06-04-10, 23:20
Hey! If you can read my last post its pretty much exactly the same as yours. I also get them when relaxed or lay down. Yes that are HORRIBLE. They frighten me sooooo much. To the point that i actually worry about going to bed because you no your going to be relaxed and that there going to happen. The eptopics are really common in anxciety. I think the more you think of it the more it happens. So maybe try to block it out or no that when it does happen its nothing serious. An this is from a person that has exactly the same as you. Just no sweet that your not alone and i to have these and that they are awful and i to wish soooo much that they would just F off. Sorry for the language hehe! Hope yours eases soon. Wish mine would :( xx

Anxiety Jim
06-04-10, 23:27
Hi

im not sure if what i am experiencing is the same as you but, when i lay on my back or left side i get vibrating feelings, as well as thuds in my chest, im terrified that im putting too much pressure on my heart when i sleep, i weigh 22 stone. Im not sure how to bring this up with the dr so that he wont say "its normal" or "its nothing" im terrified that he'll put it down to anxiety when it could be something.

smpomeroy
06-04-10, 23:49
hey guys thanks sammie Im sure I have read your post and it is nice to know we arent alone - I posted again to say i went to the docs today and though he thinks its nothing cox he said my heart sounded perfectly fine he is sending me to see a cardiologist as Im diabetic so they are always extra cautious - am anxious about the visit to the cardiologist and what results that may bring but Im trying to put it out of my mind as it will take a good while for the appointment to come up.

Jim - I am quite heavy too - without being graphic rather heavy chested and its often laying on my side that seems to make the palps etc worse and sometimes gives me chest pain like the weight of my bossom squeezes the muscles or something so I can really understand what you mean - I get occassional vibrations but not that often its more the missed beats and thuse that scare me. i think you should say to your doctor that you get it - my doctor did take me seriously today and didnt try to fob me off but was reassuring at the same time so you may be suprised.

Suz

Suz