PDA

View Full Version : Couldnt sleep again - feel sicky

Ladybelle
06-04-10, 05:51
Had a horrendous night again and now have to go to work. Had had a couple reasonable good nights sleep and foolishly had thought they had passed, maybe had been hormonal (pre period) or something, but no, last night here we went again !
Was dozing while watching TV so turned it off rather than force myself to stay awake to watch it and then get overtired and not sleep, so I missed the end of the show and sure it will get spoilt for me today before I actually do get to watch it !! then same old thing, just could not drift off to sleep. I then started feeling sick and still lightheaded so I couldnt lie flat anyway, was up and down to the loo, came downstairs for a while, had some rescue remedy ... and dont think I actually slept until about 4 am if not later .... and then alarm goes off for work at 5 am !!! so I am a total zombie here now, and also feeling panicky it will just happen again tonight on work days ... :(

chrislot
06-04-10, 13:09
Read about pyroluria, it causes anxiety and insomnia and drives you crazey. This dx changed my life and I hope it changes yours too.

Ladybelle
06-04-10, 15:04
WHat is dx ? I cant go reading about something that might make me panic more ? :( I've had anxiety and agoraphobia for 23 years now.

joannap
06-04-10, 17:01
just read about this - its a genetic condition that causes mood disorders due to not absorbing vit b6/zinc - very interesting. i did the test and supposedly if you have 12 yes answers or more - you may have it. i have 9 yes answers.

the trouble with reading things like this is that for some people - it may be life changing but for others it may be - at last i've found a cure when that is not truly the case. i personally think that if you can trace your anxiety back to a child (as i can) and things that have happened to you then it is more likely to be emotional. of course things can cause anxiety such as thyroid disorders etc but we have to be careful about jumping to conclusions and perhaps delay our recovery x

joannap
06-04-10, 17:02
ps - try not to worry about your sleep pattern - if you have had a few fairly good nights - you will do so again. your body will sleep when you truly need it x

Ladybelle
06-04-10, 20:19
I am sure mine is emotional, but had years of therapy with no defined answer. I was always told I didnt need to know what caused my anxiety - I just had to learn how to deal with it and cope with it. Something I have yet to achieve :( As for the sleeping - it's just so much worse when I have to work because it's making me panicky in work as well as I feel dizzy and lightheaded, feeling it now tonight already, so I am panicky before I even try and go to sleep :(

chrislot
06-04-10, 23:30
People with pyroluria do not respond to councelling because the cause of their condition is not emotional. Peolpe like me that nothing bad had ever happened to. I suffered years of sleep work anxiety, before being diagnosed. Hugs