PDA

View Full Version : eye issues

tashbarnes87
06-04-10, 12:10
Hi all, im hoping you can help me rationalise this worry as i am having a bad day. For the past 5 months my right eye has always felt blurry & a little heavy. Its not blurred where i cant see anything just l need to blink twice to get a clear vision. I had my eyes tested a year ago btw.

Well today its doing it again & i got my mirror out & after about an hour of solid checking i think i have convinced myself that the 'bad' eye is bigger than the other. Is this normal to have unsymetrical eyes :blush:

I do notice that when my eye gets blurry i get a tiny bit of eye goo in it im not sure if that is causing it?

I am terrified its another symptom of MS and could really do with some advise as my MS fear & anxiety has bbeen fine for a good few months x

choliver
06-04-10, 14:32
hi i get much the same thing and like you i think something must be wrong in reality if you have goo in your eye and blink then it will spread causing the blurrieness and when you blink again your eyelids will clear it.as for one eye being a different shape trust me your eyes have been like this since birth noone has exactly the same size anything be it feet,breasts or testicals and your heightened state of anxiety has made you become a little irrational,im not criticising ive been there too but anxiety makes us believe all manor of things that we wouldnt even think about if we were not anxious.i have a relation with ms you do not have ms try not to worry and as before it will pass.choliver.

rebeccad
06-04-10, 15:50
hi tash i get this all the time i blink and my eye goes blurry and i have to blink a few times to clear it and then i get the eye goo. I think everybodys eyes are slightly different sizes i know mine are not anything major just if i study them which i have in the past when i was convinced my eyes were jumping, The thing with ms is it is so varied and has so many symptoms that when every you get anything minor wrong with you, you automatically link it to ms i am exactly the same, if i get a cramp in my muscles i assume its ms and im going to wake up paralized or something, try not to worry it will pass.
take care
xxxx

Carys
06-04-10, 16:08
When I was much younger, I convinced myself that 'something' was wrong with one eye so I can relate to where you are coming from on this one. I too was convinced one eye was smaller than the other eye (which it minisculey is, as most human faces are NOT symmetrical I since discovered, and the eye can open wider on one side than the other for example !) The blurry feeling was from me checking it by scrunching that eye up and then blinking excessively to 'test' it. I even developed pain behind the eye, which no doubt was due to screwing it up through the day lol.

cattia
06-04-10, 20:55
Oh my goodness, I had forgotten about this, I used to get it ALL the time! Exactly as you descibe. There was always a bit of goo in one eye and it looked blurry, I also went through a looooong phase iof being obsessed about my pupils being different sizes. I still don't know what caused this, or why it went away (I suspect I started obsessing about something new) but nothing ever came of it.