PDA

View Full Version : Worried!! Anyone else get faintness/dizzy out of the blue

Blueeyed87
06-04-10, 13:10
Hey everyone, I was having a really good day today almost had myself convinced I was just suffering from anxiety and am not dying of a sinistEr ailment, when I was eating dinner watching tv relaxing when the passout feeling struck it only lasted a couple of seconds and my heart went crazy my left arm went stiff so did my chest neck and my scalp felt tight n tingly just before it happened and still feels pressure on it, it's two hours later and I'm lying in bed still feeling a little dizzy, I do tend to overbreathe so have done some exercises tonight and has helped ease the dizzyness a little it seems to get worse now when my head touches the pillow might be a pressure thing, I have a very slight headache now after that episode. I have had this just about to pass out/faint feeling before that only last a few seconds and alot of lightheadedness that can last for weeks, but it really upset me tonight because I was finally convincing myself the heart palps, constant dizzyness lightheadedness, chest pains and many others weren't signs of a bad disease and I wasn't dying... As all the ecgs, blood tests, and ct scan say, still waiting on some thyroid tests as it was a bit out a couple of months ago. But this event made it seem like I wasn't ok and now I'm back to square one!!! So frustrated, I thought the breathing exercises would take all the lightheadedness away... I really need reassurance and to know I'm not alone with this horrible symptom... Sorry for the long winded story please help thank u :)

Blueeyed87
06-04-10, 14:20
It's such a pain, takes so much energy to feel good and your own body takes your calm away..... Yes my dizzyness/ passout eletric shock feeling mostly happen at night, dizzy only really when I think about it right now watching eurotrip ( one of my Favs) and I was totally distracted and not feeling the lightheadedness until I go oh no I forgot I am dizzy.. Weird

Blueeyed87
06-04-10, 14:48
Yes for some reason for me it's much easier to worry then forget about it frustrating hopefully my therapy will work to stop me thinking this way and make not thinking about symptoms as easy as thinking about them if that makes sense :P

Typer
06-04-10, 14:52
I get this a lot also. Esp the pass out feeling but its so quick that its gone before I can fall or anything.

I am trying to investigate the light headiness and dizzy spells too. I do get the palps and after one I get a panic attach. Inside then I feel all sort of nervy, shaky inside and a sense or portend.

I am going to the cardio this month. If all is clear I want an MRI scan of my brain...if I can talk them into arranging one. The reason is for me that I become really dizzy in certain lights, especially fluorescent, all white and some bright lights...b ut even dusk can bring this about if I am outside. I wonder what the hell it is?

Blueeyed87
06-04-10, 15:06
I've noticed mine always happens when I watch tv or read a book so maybe it has something to do with light/vision, feeling which of course causes panic. I have had tests for dizziness pass out "zap" let's call it but ct scan came back normal and because of this I doubt they'll send me for an MRI because I'm rural I want one tho... I have left is the rest of my blood test to come back , I'm am 75% sure it's anxiety...I guess only time will tell hope you feel better with yours and get the MRI you need for reassurance

melvin
06-04-10, 19:13
same here i get them when i watch TV exercise or eat something i feel im about to pass out then its gone i hope its just anxiety