PDA

View Full Version : palpitations - doctors report

smpomeroy
06-04-10, 19:44
well i went to the doctors for my night time palpitations and missed beats etc - he listened to ym heart and said it sounds fine and steady but he has referred me to a cardiologist anyway because Im diabetic and they like to be on the safe side. I am trying not to be super scared about seeing the cardiologist and the wait to get that over with.

I also asked for a referral for CBT as I have bee dealing with this HA for nearly 20 years now and I have decided from reading others posts on here that Im sick of it and it doesnt have to be somethign I just cope with and get on with things with ti always hanging over me - I want it gone!!!!

Im wondering though - I always post replies on others posts if its somethign I can help with and I know loads of you out there have palps but I dont ever seem to get any replies to my poists - perhaps I dont sound hysterical enough but thats just not my style. Any tips for eliciting a response or discussion with people without have to sound pertified?? :shrug:

Suz

mary3
06-04-10, 20:03
your story sounds a lot like mine! I suffer from HA, and my recent main concern has been about my heart. I also went to the drs recently who declared my heart fit and healthy. Initially i was reasurred with this but due to my recent relapse i decided that i would go back and ask for an ecg, as i didnt believe my heart was ok.
However i have decided to tell HA to back off! i am not going to feed it coz i know that if i have an ecg that wont be enough i will then wont a 24 hr one etc etc. Instead i am going to use my appointment on thursday to discuss being reffered to CBT as like you i dont want to have to carry on just coping.

Ella_Jayne
06-04-10, 20:15
Good luck with the cardiologist. I get missed beats and palpitations every day. I've had a full batch of tests done, ecg, echo etc and everything came back fine. It was a major weight lifted off my shoulders when I got the results. I'm sure you'll be fine. You were right to get referred for CBT it's helped me quite a bit. Best of luck.

smpomeroy
06-04-10, 20:46
thanks for the support guys, you dont know how much I appreciate knowing there are others out there with the same problems as me xx

LowrieT
06-04-10, 22:29
What does HA mean? CBT ? I do wish abbreviations were not used.

smpomeroy
06-04-10, 22:37
health anxiety and congnitive behavioural therapy

Utility
07-04-10, 00:58
Hi

You will find that the cardiologist will reassure you that it is anxiety related. You will then be able to move forward in releaving your tensions.

smpomeroy
07-04-10, 13:19
thanks utility I really hope so though I know they will tell me to lose weight and stop smoking but thats not rocket science huh!!

I am feelign very tense and nervous today and rather nauseous which is no fun in the office...bah humbug!!