PDA

View Full Version : Salivary gland stone

Jyellowhat
06-04-10, 21:21
Hi
Have been diagnosed with salivary gland stone, have swelling under tongue and cannot eat properly and lump can only be felt via inside of my mouth, neck stiff to. Doc says antibiotics should help.
Anybody else had this ? Have not googled !!!!!!! and won,t either
But as typical HA sufferer am still worrying.

NoPoet
06-04-10, 21:31
Ouch! Sounds the opposite of nice. Never heard of this but I would not imagine it's very serious if they've only prescribed antibiotics. Don't they need to take it out then?

Jyellowhat
06-04-10, 22:15
Don,t know about removal, i suppose Dr Google would tell me but not gonna ask him.. Have contacted my homeopath and she has never treated one before but does have remedies for it. She says its a build up of calcium ?????
Will try remedies with antibiotics..

margaret jones
06-04-10, 22:22
Antibiotics should work my daughter had this prob last yr and it wirked fine for her

Take Care Maggie

Jyellowhat
06-04-10, 22:37
Thanks Maggie for reply
Glad they did trick..
Feel relieved now
x x x

Adelle
08-04-10, 10:51
Hi, my husband has this. Hes had it for years. Last year his salivary gland completely blocked and the side of his face swelled badly ( was actually quite funny now that we know its nothing to worry about ). He went on antibiotics and hasnt had trouble since. Sometimes he can feel it but it goes down soon after. Please dont worry. Adelle.:hugs: