PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Mark801
07-04-10, 01:50
Hey guys. I know that its been a while since posting this but ive been doing ok for the most part.

There's one thing that's been bothering me really bad and i really hope that someone can explain this. Sometimes when i tsand up from a sitting or lying position to a standing position, i get this adrenaline rush and my heart starts to pound or race. the whole episode lasts from 10-30 seconds.

It also happen when i think its about to happen before i even stand up.

With all the heart tests ive had, is this really anxiey? please has anyone ever experience this? Id really appreciate your repsonses on this. please.

Corinne
07-04-10, 02:15
I think a lot of people have this. It's nothing to worry about. I'ts just a quick adjust of your blood pressure. I think it's called orthostatic hypotension. Don't quote me though!

Try to get up slowly. It's nothing and won't hurt you.

Edited to add: If it's happening before you get up, I think you are anticipating it. That's anxiety.

KK77
07-04-10, 02:26
Corinne is correct: this is postural or orthostatic hypotension (low BP) and is nothing serious unless it causes you to pass out! It can be caused by some meds and anxiety, but the good news is that it's nothing serious or life-threatening.

Try to get up slowly from a seated position and if it continues to bother you, speak to your doctor.

Mark801
09-04-10, 03:02
Well I've never passed out but felt slightly dizzy for like 3 seconds. I don't feel dizzy all the time it happens though.

I also get a warm feeling in my chest when it happens for like 3 seconds. Its like a surge of adrenaline through my chest and head and then the fast heartbeat for like 5-10 seconds and then as im walking it disappears.

I tested my bp once when standing and it was 120/75.

Laying down its 105/65
sitting up is 117/74
standing is 120/75

I waited a 5 minute period before each reading.

Meds that I am on is metroprolol(beta blocker 25 mg and xanax (.25mg)

Tests ive had are 5 ecg's 2 chest xrays and an echo with countless blood work.

This symptom can be anxiety though right??:huh:

jothenurse
09-04-10, 03:17
I'm on metoprolol 50 mg ER. When I first started it, if I bent over my heart would pound and I felt light-headed. Scared me. It doesn't happen as much now. I have always had postural hypotension, so the best thing is to just get up slowly. If you are laying down, sit up for awhile before standing up.