PDA

View Full Version : Hair Pulling

Reptile
07-04-10, 14:05
Does anyone else do this? I don't actually pluck my hair, but I pluck my eyelashes- at the moment I have none! It's very hard to stop and it's almost an automatic reaction now when I'm nervous. Does anyone know any tips on stopping this painful and embarrassing habit? :blush:

sunshine-lady
07-04-10, 17:03
Hi Reptile,

This is a condition called Trichotillomania and is far more common than people may think. I used to pull my hair on my head, eyelashes and eyebrows. I very rarely do it now but, do have slight relapses when I am more anxious than usual.

A very useful website http://www.trichotillomania.co.uk/

Remember you are not alone with this and there is help out there. :hugs:

Reptile
07-04-10, 17:05
Sunshine Lady, I had no idea about Trichotillomania. Thank you for the information :hugs:

acj
07-04-10, 17:39
i pull out my eyebrows - i dont pull them all out as i pluck them too but if i feel one starting to grow back then i pull at it with my fingers which can often cause me to make my face bleed. Its a horrible habit but i just cant help it xx

magic girl
08-04-10, 20:51
i pull my eyebrows out and most of the time i dont know im doing it and then i look in the mirror and my eyebrows have gone and i look weird.i dont have any eyebrows at the moment and i hate myself for it and wish i could stop but im relieved im not the only one who does it as i felt like a bit of a weirdo:ohmy::ohmy: