PDA

View Full Version : Daily Mail feature

angela
18-01-06, 14:39
My name is Angela Epstein and I write health features for the Daily Mail.

I have been asked by my health editor to write a feature about overcoming panic attacks and am looking to interview someone who has suffered with this condition but has now managed to control their attacks.

The interviewee would have to be named and photographed.

If anyone is interested please do contact me in the strictest confidence by emailing adepstein@aol.com

All that is required is a telephone interview detailing their experience of panic attacks. The aim of the piece is to help readers understand a condition which affects thousands of people yet can be so easily misdiagnosed by a GP.

Kind wishes

Angela Epstein

angela epstein

nomorepanic
18-01-06, 20:21
"No Panic" called me tonight and also asked about me doing this article and I have agreed to do an interview and see how it goes so will let you all know.

Nicola

nomorepanic
25-01-06, 19:47
Quick update.

I did the interview on Friday and on Sunday the photographer came round to take the pictures. I even got my make-up done so it looked lovely.

Hopefully it will be in the paper next Tuesday (31st Jan) but I will post again when I know.

Nicola

Trev
25-01-06, 20:18
Well done Nic. You are very brave. I look forward to seeing it.

Cheers,
Trev x :D

nomorepanic
25-01-06, 21:07
Trev - I don't want you calling the paper and saying that we had an affair all those years ago and do they want the "real" story:););)[:P]

Nicola

bobsy
25-01-06, 21:26
i look forward to reading the article. well done

bobsy

x x

Piglet
25-01-06, 21:35
Lol Nic stop scaring Trev - that's my job:D:D:D

Everybody I have seen Nics picture and she looks lovely, all glossy shiny and beaming like the thoroughbred she is.

Can't wait to see the paper, I may even have to go 'out' to get a copy!!!!!

Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Trev
26-01-06, 11:12
Nic, would I do something like that??!!! [}:)];);)[}:)]

Cheers,
Trev :D

nomorepanic
26-01-06, 18:41
Trev

Depends how much piglet pays you - I know what she is like!

Piglet - thanks for the comments about the pics - I don't always look like that lol.

Nicola

Robbo31
29-01-06, 16:34
Well done i will buy it on tuesday instead of the beano :)

I was born and i will die
The inbetween is MINE!!!

kt
31-01-06, 18:31
Hi Nic,
I went out and purchased a copy of the Daily Mail today in my lunch hour. I sat in the shops carpark so i wouldn't be disturbed and as i ate my sandwiches i scanned the paper looking forward to reading your feature..... WHERE WERE YOU??? LOL
It was just Anne Diamond and something about cold sores and light beams!!
hugs, kt xxx

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

nomorepanic
31-01-06, 19:11
Ha Ha

I went and bought it as well and I wasn't in it.

Hopefully they will remember to tell me when it does go in or I will have to buy it every Tuesday.

I will post as soon as I know.

Nicola

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 08:19
My sister just called to say I am in the paper today so I haven't even seen it yet. Best rush out and get one!

Nicola

Piglet
21-02-06, 10:06
I will get out later and get one too - lol!

Piglet xx

trac67
21-02-06, 10:14
Have just got back from the newsagents with my copy of the Daily Mail,
there is a full page article on page 45, all about Nicola and her Panic attacks, it is a really good article and well worth a read.

And Nic, what a great photo of you mate :D

Well done !

Love

Trac xxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

lin
21-02-06, 13:51
i too bought a copy of the daily mail and read mine with a cuppa and it was a great read and great pic too.

well done nic!!!!

linda x

tony
21-02-06, 14:04
yes i read it,good article :)

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

tattybear
21-02-06, 14:08
I missed it :(

Anyone who has a sapre copy or copy of the artical, i'd love to have a look!

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 15:00
Tatty

Run down the newsgagents - they may still have some.

My copy is currently going around work!

I will get it scanned in and put on the website as some point as well.

Nicola

alexis
21-02-06, 15:07
I think you can read it on line at the newspaper website, well done nic, Im just on phone to them now giving away some secrets to try and earn myself a bob or two.xxx:D

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

jill
21-02-06, 16:55
[Wow!] Nic, a full page. :D[8D]

The artical was great. Your doing sooooo well Nic, WELL DONE.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

clickaway
21-02-06, 19:59
[Wow!]Nic :D[^]:D

I popped down the newsagents especially for this, and didn’t drive away until I had read the article. And what a great article it was, and yeah, Nic, what a yummy picture of you[8D]

Well worth the wait!

By the way, I thought you’d want a bit more publicity :D
http://www.pbase.com/image/56363316

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jill
21-02-06, 20:03
LOL Ray, what a great pic [^]:D[8D]

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 20:09
Alexis - oh no - don't tell that story that I told you [:P][:P]

Ray - that is so cool - I love the pic - thanks mate it is fab![Wow!]:)

Jill - glad you liked it too.[^]

Nicola

alexis
21-02-06, 20:10
Hi Nic, many thanks for your card which I received today, what a lovely thought, of course I framed it, but because of todays newspaper I put name outside, :D[8D][^]
seriously Nic, thanks it was so much appreciated.xxx

and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

alexis
21-02-06, 20:12
Too late Nic, you should of told me that this morning, xx[^]

love from Alexisxx

cobrose1
21-02-06, 20:15
Thanks Nicola for being brave enough to be interviewed and making public what so many of us are suffering from. I am also a fellow sufferer of panic attacks while driving and feel such a fool about it because so far no-one has understood how I feel. It sounds so dramatic when you try to explain to someone how you feel and when I say I have to keep in the left hand lane my family think I have turned into a mad person who drives very slowly and carefully and won't overtake. It is so lovely to know I am not alone. Have developed a few of my own strategies which are basically mind tricks really but they help sometimes. As you say you feel such a success when you have completed a journey without panicking!

LisaS
21-02-06, 22:28
i've been looking on the daily mail website and can't find it!!

anyone see it? i dont really want to go out to the petrol station now!!

lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Karen
22-02-06, 00:35
I hadn't realised it was in today's paper so went back out especially to get a paper. We usually have this at the clinic to do the puzzles but someone had gone off with the paper!

Great article Nic.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

westmeathangel
22-02-06, 00:43
I would like to say ive suffered from panic attacks for 15 yrs, im doin really well now, but have been there with all the symptoms that are described in the daily irish mail article today, i just want to say if there is anyone out there thats feelin desperate and feel theres no light at the end of the tunnel firstly there is and secondly not sure how it works on this but if you have my email addy please feel free to mail me i would love to be help people who are goin through what ive gone through, but the first step has to be on a website like this knowing you are not on your own, you are not going mad and more importantly that panic attacks are not going to kill you ... i spent years convinced i had a heart problem and with every attack i thought my heart was going to give up. ive just read a wonderful article here on palpatations and its exactly how my heart used to go when i had an attack... liz

bobsy
22-02-06, 08:06
[Wow!] Well done Nic. Ive been buying the mail for a few weeks now waiting to find you in so was really pleased when i bought it today and opened it on my way to work and you were there. It was a lovely article and all i would like to say is you are INSPIRATIONAL. You deserve all the very best. Thanks for all your care and support on the website. I think you have earned a great big treat for yourself.

take care
bobsy

Piglet
22-02-06, 09:34
Smashing article about a smashing lady and you looked soooo lurverly!!!:D

Love Piglet xx

nomorepanic
23-02-06, 12:09
If you missed it then here it is ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=377874&in_page_id=1774

Nicola

darkangel
23-02-06, 13:28
Article was also in the Scottish Daily Mail. I am amazed how you could continue to work while having this disorder. Well done to you. It did highlight the importance of having a great support partner - its just a pity that is not reality for us all. By the way, you looked fantastic in you photo.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Peru83
13-03-06, 13:21
Firstly hello again, long time no see anyone. Been very busy.

Didn't know about the article untill just now and gave it a read, think it's fab nic :)[8D]:D

Take Carexx

Claire