PDA

View Full Version : Started Zoloft... carry on?

mumble
07-04-10, 18:13
I took one yesterday, after many days of putting it off - seemed to be okay. However I have not taken one today out of worry about all the side effects and seeing how badly people have reacted during withdrawals. I could still technically take one today ... it's a bit later than yesterday.

KK77
07-04-10, 18:56
Well, it's not going to help you unless you stick to it I'm afraid. I've been on it for months now and didn't find the side effects too bad at all, apart from tiredness which is common to all these types of meds.

Stick with it and give it a chance - it's better than feeling anxious and miserable and doing nothing about it.

unspoken
07-04-10, 21:29
I agree, stick with it. Don't think about the side effects or you will manage to convince yourself that what you're experiencing is side effects, when it's more likely to be anxiety symptoms. If you are scared of them giving you nausea, your fear can trigger nausea. I found the side effects minor things, some of them took me a while to notice. Mainly I got vivid dreams, which isn't exactly troubling, more odd, and slightly shaky hands sometimes. These are things I could deal with pretty easily though. Take one today, then try to take them in the mornings as it is easier to remember, and then once you've taken it, try to forget about it for the rest of the day.

Angelai
07-04-10, 21:45
Please stick with it, you will start to feel better. I have been on sertraline 4 times and, therefore, have stopped it 4 times - and it was nowhere near as bad as I'd convinced myself it would be. When the time comes for you to stop taking it just follow your doctors advice about how to do so with minimal withdrawal symptoms. If this drug works for you, it will be well worth it.

:hugs:

mumble
07-04-10, 21:51
Thanks for all your replies today =) - I shall try take it again tomorrow morning. I suppose it's a bit late now tonight. It shouldn't effect it much should it if I do that after only taking it once?

It's very reassuring to have other responses from you folks here. Will try at breakfast!

I found it quite frustrating that I'm anxious... about taking the medication that's designed to make me less anxious...

loulabella
10-04-10, 10:37
I am also anxious about anti anxiety meds. Spent 8 months on and off and this time I'm sticking!!! We will be fine x

onceagain
10-04-10, 12:50
Hi Sertraline Zoloft has given me no side effects other than an increased anxiety level and a rumbly noisy tummy which can be funny. I do not have anything like the side effects I suffered whilst on Citalopram ..

I think you should give them a try.. remember they aren't a miracle they will just help..

I'm coming off not because they don't suit me they do which has amazed me but because its time for me to just accept I am the way I am ...

Good luck x