PDA

View Full Version : Don't recognise myself

lior
08-04-10, 00:00
I'm worried that I keep forgetting things. I'm concerned I'm not myself. I don't find anything interesting. I'm too apathetic to care about things. I don't care about myself or other people.

At least it's not hate or thoughts of death.

But when I was that way, I thought 'at least it's not that I don't care'.

So both must be bad. Surely being lethargic is better than being self destructive?

It is citalopram that's done this to me but I might have killed myself without it, and that's not overdramatising it.

RichW
08-04-10, 02:57
Hi Lior

Your post sounds familiar. How long have you been on Citalopram and what is your dosage? 5 Weeks for me today (20mg) and I'm "better" but still not myself. I felt very much like you do in my first 3 weeks.

You will get better. Be strong, hang in and hang on - Citalopram is one hell of a ride...

Take care of you

Rich

lior
08-04-10, 11:35
Hey, I feel much better this morning. I've been on 40mg since October. That's 6 months... it's certainly had an effect on me. I'm not going to come off it until the summer holidays probably. When I drink it represses the effects of the drug, and I get into a bad state, so it proves that it's only the drug that's making me ok, not my thought processes. Whoopdedoo :P

Good luck with the rest of your course of citalopram x

RichW
09-04-10, 04:24
Thanks Lior

6 Months in is a while - you're a veteran by my standards! Interesting comment you made about the drink. I dipped for 2 days after only having a couple. Didn't think 2 beers would make a difference - apparently it does :scared15:. Hope you have a great weekend and glad to hear you're feeling better.

Take care of you

Rich

lior
11-04-10, 21:58
Taken a dive. Just don't care about the things I used to. I can't cope with my family - they're so noisy. I can't listen to my friends on the phone. I wanted to burn down the gallery today when I usually care about the paintings. Today they all just seemed like miserable faces. And what's the point in all that gold? Does it really matter that something is expensive? Does it make you happy? Tin foil is shiny too.