PDA

View Full Version : Not been on in a while but looking for some advice now.....

Starscream
08-04-10, 09:14
I've been doing okayish recently. Not a lot of mouth ulcers or spots for once but I think there's been a bug or something going around here at work or so I think but last night I was very very tired and was shivering as I was absolutely freezing cold in bed last night despite having 2 duvets on and a teeshirt and bottoms too. Yet I was roasting hot too. Throat was also a bit sore.

Woke up today and my throat problem is all away. But I am still very tired and can't see me lasting the whole day at work.

Is this likely to be a bug or related to anything major ?

I've never had this in my life though or experienced being cold INSIDE but hot OUTSIDE.

Should I be worried it's related to something else ?

I know that with a flu these symptoms are common but if I had flu I would know all about it as well as I wouldn't even be able to make it into work ?

Cell block H fan
08-04-10, 11:13
I've been doing okayish recently. Not a lot of mouth ulcers or spots for once but I think there's been a bug or something going around here at work or so I think but last night I was very very tired and was shivering as I was absolutely freezing cold in bed last night despite having 2 duvets on and a teeshirt and bottoms too. Yet I was roasting hot too. Throat was also a bit sore.

Woke up today and my throat problem is all away. But I am still very tired and can't see me lasting the whole day at work.

Is this likely to be a bug or related to anything major ?

I've never had this in my life though or experienced being cold INSIDE but hot OUTSIDE.

Should I be worried it's related to something else ?

I know that with a flu these symptoms are common but if I had flu I would know all about it as well as I wouldn't even be able to make it into work ?

Sounds like a regular virus to me chick. I remember years ago saying to the doc is there something going about, & with a blank look on his face he said 'there is always something going about' lol
Ive had many times when ive had various aches & pains which I need to take Nurofen for, or random temperatures with no explanation, & generally feeling yuk for a few days even & never finding out what it was.
Thats what they put down to a virus, when you go to the docs. And it 99% of the time is.
Can you not have a duvet day & ring in sick?
Hope you feel better soon.
One bonus is here in the Uk we are supposed to get a very very good weekend weather wise, so that could be enough to start knocking all these winter bugs on the head. Fingers crossed!
:hugs:

MightyPC
08-04-10, 11:27
Starscream, not sure what part of UK you are from but I only just mentioned to a colleauge of mine the number of people on the train in London this morning coughing and a few sneezing. So I would imagine there is something going around especially as the weather is constantly changing. I know a few people that have been complaining about a 24hr stomach bug that seems to be doing the rounds.

Starscream
08-04-10, 14:30
Thanks for the advice.

I don't know if it's stress or anxiety either. I have a pounding sore head now. I do worry/stress/rush around a lot at work but have been since I started in here last year and haven't had anything majorly wrong with me.

Hating this just now. Worried in case it's now a brain tumor or something. :weep: