PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Sensation?

lindajane1971
08-04-10, 14:43
hello :)

I have a strange symptom and am wondering if anyone else has ever experienced it.
Its a bit hard to explain so i will try the best i can to get it right.

I feel it in differnt situations. I could be standing taking to a friend and then suddenly it feels like the floor has dropped a couple of inches, its very quick, just a second, its visual aswell as in that second i think i see the floor dropping.
It has also happened when ive been sitting having a meal or on the couch watching tv - it feels like i have dropped or sunk into the chair or couch a few inches
Or i could be in the supermarket looking at something on a shelf and then suddenly it happens.
It feels so strong that i hold on to whatever is closest as i feel that if it happens again i will fall.
It only seems to happen in ones, i dont have lots of these sensations at once its just now and again. And its not an every day thing, its just now and again.
It never seems to happen if i am stressed, its totally random.

I get an adrenaline surge AFTER these sensations which i presume is my fear kicking in, then when i walk i feel like im walking squint or i think that people watchin me walk would think ive had a glass of wine or two! which of course i havnt, and no one has ever said to me that i am walking funny.

Its VERY weird and i worry about it a lot, convinced its definately not normal and not anxiety. But i just dunno!!!!!

Anyone the same?????

:scared15: Linda xx

smpomeroy
08-04-10, 18:13
I get exact;ly that same feeling and I may nto get it for ages and ages but then Ill get a few of them over the space of a few days.. they are also random as you describe its either like the dropping feeling you describe or like someone has given me a shove - I grip onto whatever is nearest to me.

The doctor didnt seem concerned the times i have mentioned it but i would really like to know what it is because as you say I get the panic feeling after it happens and not before. The only thing I can ever link it to and its not always the case but I think it tends to happen a little more around the time fo the month.

Suz

jillybean
08-04-10, 18:53
Hi there, this is exactly how I described my ectopic heartbeats to my doctor, Im not saying that this is what you re experiencing, but my description was of 'dropping in a lift', it was only later that I discovered what it was. I found it totally disconcerting and had to take deep breaths to calm myself down. But I've had this now for nearly 20 years and although it still freaks me out I guess it's all down to anxiety!
Your experience could have a completely different cause.

Take care!:bighug1:

lindajane1971
08-04-10, 20:16
thanks everyone, im so glad that im not the only one feeling this!! im so releived but still worried at the same time :ohmy:

Utility
08-04-10, 20:23
Hi

This is quite common. Have a look under "symptoms" - it will explain all