PDA

View Full Version : should i switch from zispin to citrolapam?ne advice?

bexy1970
08-04-10, 15:50
hi,im currently taking 45mg zispin for health anx and general anxiety, was on dothiepin prior to this but they didnt seem to do much, neway dont feel like the zispin are doing much nemore,(part from the 2 stone ive put on!!!! ) im thinking of asking doc to change me to citrolapm as read some great reviews on it!!! all im worried about is that i couldnt tolerate prozac and that are they the same family? as i went to hell and back with side effects of prozac... thats why i liked zispin as had no side effects apart from the weight gain which is really getting me down.. ne advice ne one please? specially if i couldnt take prozac could i take citrlopam?? sorry for the waffle!!! xx
becca xx

bexy1970
08-04-10, 16:33
ne one?:whistles: lol xx

MightyPC
08-04-10, 16:33
Hi Becca, i am currently taking Citalopram, 10mg for 2 weeks now 20mgs and coming up to 4 weeks on Tuesday. I am told it can take between 4 - 6 weeks to get the benfits and for them to start working.

I have experienced alot of the side effects, a few have died down though my anxiety has shot through the roof, which I dont like - see my post this morning. People`s advice on here is for me to stick with them and ride the storm. They seem to have worked wonders for others. I would discuss with your Dr. Good luck

joannap
08-04-10, 17:06
dothiepin did not work for me either - ssris have to some degree but they are not a miracle - my gp said they are designed to help you cope more but they are not the answer as such. i am just going to post in the general anxiety section about how anxiety can be overcome naturally. i am only on 10mg citalopram (i felt horrific when i first started this as i have felt with lots of ssris) and have just come through a setback which years ago would have had me racing back to the doctors to try a new ssri so you might want to read this. the thing i have found with meds is that every few years i relapse on them and am so sick of being on them and having to change them with the fear of fear constantly in the background that i am tacking it at its source. i will take the same approach with any withdrawals when i come off the 10mg but i cannot believe how much i have improved with acceptance - it truly is amazing and in a short space of time too x

Cat80
08-04-10, 17:07
I was Citalopram for 10 weeks, 20mg and had a nightmare time. I was the same on Prozac which I tried after this. Don't know if it means you will react the same or if they weren't right for me. I just know I won't try anti anxiety meds again and none seem to work

MightyPC
08-04-10, 17:32
Another thing that I should add from personal experience, is any new sympton that I get or experience I am not sure if its down to the meds or something else.

bexy1970
08-04-10, 17:36
going to go and have a word with doc tomoz, so fed up of the weight issue!! did feel it was worth it when i felt ok.. i have read reviews on people finding citrolopm fantastic once kicked in, its just the fact that its the same family as prozac thats worrying me as i just coulnd tolerate it ...ta for your replies! xxx