PDA

View Full Version : doubletake studios

natalier
08-04-10, 18:43
I was just rung up by doubletake studios, they said a friend had recomended me and that I would get a free photo shoot, pictures done, hair, makeup, evething. I would not have to buy photos and I will also get £70 voucher for river island. I Ii only had to pay a £2 booking fee. I thought, well no harm, so I stupidly gave them my card details etc... I then went online to see what other people say. Most say that its bad, you go, thats all fine but they try and force you to pay for photos, or if you dont go you get charged £250 or thye just keep taking money from you. I am now really scared, and really panicy and feel sick. What have I done? !!!

nomorepanic
08-04-10, 18:57
How much have you paid them?

I would contact the credit card company and make sure they cannot take any more money from you.

natalier
08-04-10, 18:58
£2 booking fee but apprebtly you get charged more and more money i dunno how much yet

Heavens To Betsy
08-04-10, 19:02
They are not allowed to take money without your permission. Call your bank and ask them to stop all payments from that company.

hallam11
08-04-10, 19:14
Hello,

The same thing happened to me just before christmas. I paid £14 for me and my friend. I then called them up and cancelled the booking after I'd read online the bad things like them forcing you to pay for your photos which are stupidly expensive. They let me cancel but said I couldn't get the £14 back. This didn't bother me, I did worry they would keep taking money out but they haven't. I keep a close look on my bank account through online banking. If you call them up and cancel they should let you. Hope this helps x

natalier
08-04-10, 19:17
Thank you! I will ring up tomoz! I really hope they will let me cancell! x x x

hallam11
08-04-10, 19:23
When did they call and make the appointment?Did you make the payment of £2 then? If it was today or yesterday or something they will let you cancel. Im pretty sure you are allowed to cancel upto so many days before.
x

natalier
08-04-10, 19:30
I booked today! but the appointment is for Monday already! I phoned up but it is closed, but I left a message! I hope to talk to them tomoz, I really want to cancel now reading more reviews, how they treat you rubbish, force you to pay for pics and then harras you on the phone, and keep calling. x x

hallam11
08-04-10, 19:34
I wouldn't worry I didn't get that at all. I would call tomorrow as soon as you can and just tell them that you have something else that day that you can't get out of and need to cancel. It should be ok!
x

Alex Bavin
13-04-10, 11:21
Hi,
Please don't panic! I have read through your posts and am concerned that you have been misinformed. I am the Client Support Manager at Doubletake Studios, please get in touch and I will help you. Please send my team an email on clientsupport@doubletake-uk.com and I will get back to you. Have you managed to cancel?
Alex

ladybird64
13-04-10, 12:25
Ok, I'm curious.

How did the customer support manager from this studio know that Natalie had posted her concerns here?

I would have thought that the matter would be better dealt with by PM..all seems rather strange to me.

guitarpants
13-04-10, 17:57
Ok, I'm curious.

How did the customer support manager from this studio know that Natalie had posted her concerns here?

I would have thought that the matter would be better dealt with by PM..all seems rather strange to me.

If you do a google search for this company, this thread will show in the search results.

Hel_is_heaven
13-04-10, 18:41
4 pages in on google, its comes up on google.

eeyorelover
13-04-10, 19:14
Just posting to remind the op not to give any personal info over the internet to a third party regardless of what he says his position in the company is.
xxx
Sandy

eeyorelover
13-04-10, 19:23
I also agree that creating a user name and posting on an open forum isn't the most professional way to handle a situation like this.

Anxious_gal
13-04-10, 22:21
I think anyone can tell it's a total scam, they tell you it's free, well nothing in this world is free!!
then they try and force you to pay :-(
the fact that the manager googles his own company and joins a forum is well creepy.
any good business would never do such a thing!