PDA

View Full Version : emetophobia is ruining me.

tinker.
08-04-10, 20:28
this fear really does change your life around.
past few days havnt bin the greatest for me.
i have not bin eating or sleeping,
now then thing is when i dont eat, i feel sick because im hungry, so then i dont sleep because im scared.
it's like a cycle, i have ate abit more today but im even more scared now, incase i am sick, i'll be sick alot :(
i havnt had alot of energy today, and i could really use the support.
now seeying as it is the holidays from school, i havnt bin near ANYONE apart from my boyfriend who i know hasnt bin ill.
so i dont see why i should be sick.
and seeying as there are people on here older than me, that have STILL got emetophobia, from being little, it looks like i have a long way to go :( :scared15:

Angelai
08-04-10, 21:30
It's exhausting, overwhelming and soooooo relentless. I know how you feel, I really do.

It's been over 30 years for me, but I haven't really done much to try and resolve it. There MUST be a way, I just never seem to find the courage to search for it.

Please keep eating, little and often. You know not eating makes you feel worse - and it's not good for you, but I won't preach.

:hugs:

tinker.
08-04-10, 21:38
i really hate it, im only 13 :(
i dont know how to control it or anything i find it so scary, i really do.
i dont know how u have done it for 25+ years, i really dont.

TTBP
09-04-10, 13:38
Thinking of you!

I'm 42 and still struggle with it, sometimes it's bearable, other times it completely rules my life. I wish I knew the answer so I could share it with all of you, I really do!

xxxx be kind to yourselves xxx

Angelai
09-04-10, 21:41
One thing I have learned - even if family and friends are sympathetic and say they understand, they really don't have a clue. My mum has finally reached the point where she will ring and tell me not to visit if there's any chance of anything (you know what I mean!) but my partner still gets lairy if I question him every time he rubs his tummy, or if check best before dates on food before I let him cook it, and all the other things we emets do obsessively.

Just last week as I was getting in the car I noticed a bowl (HATE that word) on the back seat (he'd picked the children up earlier in the day) and the first thing I said, instead of hello, was why is there a bowl in the car? He got really nasty with me and spoke to me like an idiot. I did suggest that he wouldn't get in the car if there was a wasp in there and that my phobia is no different. But he doesn't really get it.

So, I'm extremely grateful for this site and to all the people on here who really DO get it (even though I wouldn't wish this phobia on any one).

uk23
20-04-10, 18:54
I have friends who have phobias of spiders, wasps etc but when they found about mine they said it was stupid...i tried to explain that its the same as theirs, but about something else.

Angelai
20-04-10, 21:32
But they can run away from theirs...:weep:

uk23
20-04-10, 22:16
But they can run away from theirs...:weep:

Exactly

tinker.
20-04-10, 22:32
yeaah, theres can be killed!
we cant :(
we cant stop sick! "/

tinker.
20-04-10, 22:35
its just not normal for it to come up! :( it's not good, and it should not have bin invented! :L
i really dont understand :(
i do get picked on at school alot due the cause of my weight "/
not nice, and i cant say to them i dont eat, im scared of sick :( noone understand do they!