PDA

View Full Version : Pain down one side of my face a week on?

sam100
09-04-10, 00:28
Had a panic attack a week ago since then I have had a pain that comes on intensely down one side of my face now and again. I can be sat working then have a hard ache come thats really painful and its hard to move my head. Never had this before but Im wandering if I tensed a tiny muscle or something during the attack, was hoping it would have gone by now though?

Humungousfungus
09-04-10, 15:04
Hi there,

You probably hurt yourself and it might have happened during your anxiety attack - you could be clenching your teeth and not knowing which can cause all kinds of mad face pain - your dentist should be able to perform some simple tests to see if you have any tenderness around the jaw muscles.

SarahG
09-04-10, 15:33
My brother gets this incredible pain down the side of his face and can it can last for days on and off. It happens during times of stress and first occurred when he was at Uni. Recently it's come back and the doctors have put him on a particular anti-depressant (although they don't think he is depressed) because although this is unusual, these particular drugs are known to reduce the pain as a side effect. Could find out what they are if you were interested? PM me if you want me to ask him.