PDA

View Full Version : ColdTurkey? Fluoxetine/Antidepressants

Ruby94
09-04-10, 03:34
Hey NMP'ers. Warning.. 'RANT'

please read if you've been on any type of antidepressant, i NEED all your help POSSIBLE! Im
COMING OFF.

Ive been worrying myself SICK for the past couple of days because of my antidepressants just to say (we dont get on atall) so i reduce my dose to every other couple of days to try get away from the thought of having to take this HORRIBLE MEDICINE i hate it so much and it causes me SO MANY PROBLEMS i know its appauling to say but i kind of have some HATE towards my mum for getting me on this horrible medicine. :weep: i cant stand it. Im taking the SMALLEST AMOUNT every other day. Im asking my counsellor to come off it soon but i wanted to know.. Has anyone had any problems with fluoxetine. Im not asking to scare me i just want to know so i can prepare myself. Seriously, i get the most horrible symtoms from it such as..

breathlessness
upper abdomen discomforts
muscle joint ache and pains
pins and needles
dizzyness
headaches
nausea
swimmy feeling
light headedness
more anxiety
insomnia
drousyness

i could go on all day. I feel like this medicine has messed with my body and my head so much i feel like its eating away at my brain and turning me into this.. ZOMBIE. i HATE! IT. i JUST hate it.

So please anyone who has been on this or still is. OH. And i hear stories that people on it they go..

'well ive been on fluoxetine for (so many years) and now im 'BACK ON IT' is it really that addictive they have to come BACK ON IT. im sorry i dont want to be stuck on this stuff. Its caused TO MANY PROBLEMS FOR ME JESUS FRICKIN' CHRIST IM SO PISSED OFF AT THIS DAMN HORRIBLE MEDICINE.

PLEASE SOMEONE, help me out here. Its hell on earth!

Why invent this stuff.. why prescribe it. My mum never told me what i was getting into, HELL i didnt even have a few words from my doctor about it they might of well as shoved it down my throat while having ductape on their mouth!

sugarpuff
09-04-10, 20:53
Hi Ruby
I came off fluoxetine in January, i to had all the usual side effects when i was on it, aches and pains, insomnia, dizzy and general crap you describe above, but it was a very soft landing coming off them definately not cold turkey, i did have an upset stomach for a week, bloating, wind slight stomach cramps not really painful just uncomfortable, i have since read that when coming off this you can get an upset stomach, but thats about it,i was also coming off beta blockers and sleeping pills as well so i had a bit of a triple whammy, i am having a bit of a relapse this last month and have been considering going back on it as it did help my anxiety,and NOT because it addictive but it took about 6-8 weeks for it to start working with me and it did make me worse before i started to feel better, but eventually i did start to feel better.
How long have you been on it for, i felt the same as you during that 6 week period really hated it, but i did settle eventually.
dont worry about coming off it i am sure you will be ok and i hope you can find something that does work for you
xxx