PDA

View Full Version : Kindness - moved to tears!

sunshine-lady
09-04-10, 15:49
Myself and my hubby have wonderful friends who live in Wales. Due to the distance between us plus work/family commitments, we do not get to see them as much as we would like, However, we are going on holiday with them next month to Turkey :)

This morning a parcel arrived. When I opened it there was a beautiful clock inside and a card which read :-

" To James and Di,

As time goes by we hope you will look at this clock and remember the times we have spent together and all the FUTURE times we hope we will spend together.

Lots of love always"

I was so touched by this kind gesture I was moved to tears :weep:

I can honestly say that this is the most precious gift we have ever received and I will cherish it forever. I have never been so touched by someones kindness! :hugs:

hallam11
09-04-10, 16:07
Thats a lovely gesture. Its nice to know the world still has people this kind in it!

Enjoy it! xxx

Granny Primark
09-04-10, 16:10
Hi di,
What a really sweet thing to do.
You and your hubby are very lucky to have such lovely friends.
However they must be thinking they too are very lucky to have you as their friends.
Have a fantastic holiday in Turkey.

Maj
09-04-10, 18:46
It's so nice when someone takes the time to do something like this. They must be very nice people. It just makes you feel so good. I hope you have a great holiday in Turkey.
Myra x

Worrier
09-04-10, 19:34
Hey Di,

Aww that is absolutely lovely. And when it is so unexpected, it just makes you well up doesn't it.

Have a great time on your hols xxxx

eeyorelover
09-04-10, 19:45
That is so sweet!
Sometimes I say that people just suck in general due to experiences in which people are so self involved and mean spirited, then I hear something like this and it does my heart good to know there are still people in the world worthwhile who think of others too ;)
xxx
Sandy

Jannie2948
09-04-10, 19:57
What a fantastic story you are lucky to have such loving and thoughtful friends. it is so lovely to have friends like this who are so very kind.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday together in Turkey.

Jannie x x

Ronny
10-04-10, 00:56
Hello Di,Yes there are some beautiful,kind and lovely people in the world,and you are one them.:)have a great and safe holiday
Love Rhonda:flowers: