PDA

View Full Version : Need advice please, really worried

PixieL
09-04-10, 16:14
Hi everyone. Its been a while since i posted on here as i've been really ill with panic attacks and stuff. Just wanted to ask if anyone else worrys about things like i do, health anxiety is ruleing my life right now, it's really bad and affects my O.C.D to. Like today, my dad was outside sorting out a drain and he got some costic soda (or however you spell it not sure) on his hands which burned him a little bit and i got so scared that some how i had gotten some on me as i touched the tap after he washed his hands even though someone cleaned the tap, now im sitting here thinking i may have eaten some when i ate just now even though i know it can't be as id know by now and i try to say that to myself and logic it out but it isnt working and my anxiety is through the roof and my O.C.D is making me wask my hands and was everything and wear gloves all the time. The other day my vision kept going funny and i was convinced i had a brain tumor or something, then i thought i had a flesh eating bug in my eye and all i wanted to do was rinse my eyes out with bleach. Im finding it really hard to cope with the constant worry of germs, wearing gloves and face masks all the time and not wanting to be near anyone is making my life hell. I cant eat or drink for fear of contamination. I just need to know im not alone and its ok really. Just needed to get this off my chest.

bullybeef
09-04-10, 21:09
Try not to worry, am not well versed in this type of ocd but do believe that a little bit of ignorance is fine, ie if you just go a few days without worrying or checking/washing your hands you will be amazed what a difference it makes! I know that saying it is easier than doing it, but try and see how it goes, let me know how you get on.

Peter_Scott
10-04-10, 11:44
Hi OP,

I could say try not to worry, but I am sure it is not easy to do. It sounds like you have got into a downward spiral, as I expect you know when you hit bottom like this, the only way is up!

Try to break your daily routine, if possible take a few hours out of the house doing something you have never done before, you never know the change may just break the spiral, good luck,

Peter