PDA

View Full Version : Hernia?

bullybeef
09-04-10, 20:35
Hi i have suffered HA for over 8 years, i went to doctors again this week to complain that i could feel a bubble when i bend down and press my knee into my belly, after exam he said that due to me been a chubby fellow he could not really be sure of anything, but has sent me for a ultrasound on the affected area! I asked him if it was anything serious and he laughed it off saying because i could feel it he would rather have a scan to check on a hernia or fat deposit, now am out of my mind checking all cancer sites for all types of cancer!!! i am 35 and could just do with reassurance that i am worrying over nothing, help!!!

Maj
09-04-10, 21:48
Hello,
Well I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like a hernia - which is really common and not serious. If it is a hernia then there's a simple op you can have to correct it. If it's not too big then they might just leave it. I've had an umbilical hernia for 6 years and the surgeon decided to leave it because it was small. Don't think the worst!! It'll be nothing to worry about I bet.
Myra x

bullybeef
09-04-10, 22:04
thanks myra ,i have no pain however just the bubble sensation and to be honest i can feel it slightly on my right side as well!! Its strange how our minds go to dark thoughts, i have no weight loss or sickness so my mind tells me it is probably fat or hernia however i still have thoughts of bowel cancer or stomach cancer!!