PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks almost all the time

kathrynfleming
10-04-10, 16:54
i have panic attacks quite often sometimes at school and sometimes at home but im not sure what im so worried about. i can't tell my mum or dad im too scared and i dont want to worry them. My friend has panic attacks at school sometimes and she pants like she's struggling to breathe alot but i just feel like i cant breathe or im not getting enough air. i really dont know what to do my options (school) are coming soon and im not sure what to do :weep:

can you give me any advice?

ShazAtko
10-04-10, 17:30
Are you a bit stressed out about your options?

SarahG
10-04-10, 19:57
Please tell someone honey because there are lots of people who can help you in lots of different ways. My son sometimes gets panic attacks (he is same age as you, taking his options this year) and "student services" / school nurse etc. have done wonders to help him... nothing scary like medication or anything, just teaching him ways of dealing with the things that worry him and showing him how to organise himself better. I am sure your parents would want to know so that they can help you in any way they can but if you don't feel you can tell them, talk to a teacher who you trust.

kathrynfleming
11-04-10, 00:40
[UOTE=ShazAtko;645834]Are you a bit stressed out about your options?[/QUOTE]
yeah i guess i am im so confused about what to choose and im running out of time i jus wish i had a place where i could just go to andjust have a nice quiet think.

SarahG
13-04-10, 16:57
Do you know what you want to do when you are older? My son has just taken his options and still does not know if he chose the rights things because at the moment he has no idea what he wants to do. However as I said to him, you will never actually know whether you made the right choices or not so just go with it when you make a decision and do the best you can. What GCSEs you take may not effect what you choose to take for A level and Uni courses anyway. Lots of people swap about. Life has a way of sorting things out for you but my main advice would be to choose the things you enjoy and the things you are good at.

Hel_is_heaven
14-04-10, 12:14
Let me say this - options DO NOT MATTER. Do the things you enjoy because theres no point doing anything else.
I had all sorts of pressure about options and choosing the right things and what do I want to do with my life blah blah blah. I am now 28 and STILL dont know what I want to do with my life.
Stick with courses you enjoy, I did that for both A-levels and my degree. Its a common myth that you must do a degree for what u want to do in life. My friend did a Design Technology degree and now works for RSPCA!
Telling your parents would help you know, they will worry about you regardless, its their job. If you keep stuff from them, they more than likely will worry about you because you're NOT telling them.
Love and luck
Helen x