PDA

View Full Version : fed up with period type pains

Cell block H fan
10-04-10, 18:08
I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about ovulation pains, but they carried on after ovulation, about a week in all, so I dont think it was that. I got about a week pain free until 3 days ago when the ache started & my period started day 2 the usual no pain, I only usually get period pains for the first day.
Tomorrow will usually be my last day, period usually lasts 3 or 4 days max, but today I have the period ache feeling again.
Whats going on???! Should I be worried? Its definitely more achy on the left side ovary, but also goes round the lower tummy, as a sore feeling.

bronte
10-04-10, 18:17
hi this sounds more like ibs pain rather than anything gyno related i get the same pain very much like period pains and more to my left ovary area in fact when i first started with ibs i was pregnant and went to the dr with this pain and was sent to hospital for a scan because they thought it could be ectopic pregnancy but it turned out to be ibs and ive had it ever since hope this helps

Cell block H fan
10-04-10, 18:25
hi this sounds more like ibs pain rather than anything gyno related i get the same pain very much like period pains and more to my left ovary area in fact when i first started with ibs i was pregnant and went to the dr with this pain and was sent to hospital for a scan because they thought it could be ectopic pregnancy but it turned out to be ibs and ive had it ever since hope this helps

Thanks Bronte.
You're probably right. When it kicked off a couple of weeks ago it was when I was stressed about my mum being stuck in Australia (she missed her flight) I thought it was just coincidence.
Maybe today it has kicked off because I am a bit stressy about going to lunch at pizza hut with my daughters friends family tomorrow. I have only met the mum, she is very nice, but they want to treat me, as I have their teen daughter here a lot & pick her up, drop her off etc, but I never feel comfy taking anything off people. So maybe it is I.B.S.
Its soooo like period pains though :sad:
Is it worth me trying some Colpermin do you think? Or as I wondered before, is that more for upper stomach cramps?

Incidently I notice it eases off when i'm walking about, sitting still I seem to notice it more if that makes sense.

bronte
11-04-10, 01:19
i find that buscopan works better for me it sounds like classic ibs to me give them a try they do help with the pain

bronte
11-04-10, 01:27
also yes they do so much feel like period pains its can be so confusing but my dr says thats because womens bits are so close together with the bowel and anus and so on arent us women lucky NOT lol

Cat80
11-04-10, 11:34
I get this period type pain all month around and I too have IBS. Mine is all over the bottom of my stomach, I have stabbing pains around right ovary a lot (keep thinking it's my appendix or an ovarian cyst) and I have so much gas always bubbling around but it's not trapped (if you know what I mean lol). No matter what I do the gas never goes. I also feel sick all the time which is annoying.

I have buscopan which doesn't help at all, neither does any sort of painkillers.

Cell block H fan
11-04-10, 17:12
Thanks folks. Today is a bit better. I am going to put it down to the I.B.S too. Its amazing how much it has you thinking its womens problems related!
Its caught me out many time in the last 20 years, but it even fooled my doctor when they sent me for a scan for an ovary cyst age 20, I too thought it was appendix though at first, until I realised it was the wrong side! lol
Anyway, no ovary cyst, then I got an abnormal pap test result, which had me thinking the pain was connected! Horrible times, treated for that. Couple of years later same pains, sent to hospital, diagnosed with I.B.S. The pains eventually went. Had 2 kids, then now & then it started to come back. In the last few years I too have put it down to an ovary cyst that comes & goes?
But I think it always comes back to the I.B.S really!Grrrrr lol
xxx

butterfly00
11-04-10, 22:39
Hi all
I have had ibs since I was a kid, and it has always been just pain after eating certain food or severe stress/ nervousness and after I spent time on the toilet the p ain goes away.

Two weeks ago I started having really sharp pain down low where the ovaries are. and dull pains next to my belly button and under my ribs on one side. Doc tested for appendicitis, not that. the sharp pains are coming less often but the dull pains are still there and now I 've started having sharp- ish pains inside my vagina. I'm waiting for smear test results.

Do you people who have ibs get random pains. I have never had thme like this, they hurt more when I move a certain way or go for a walk. I begining to get very nervous about smear results has it was over due since I had a baby.

kellyanne
13-04-10, 12:50
hi!
ive just had a smear done waiting for my results im worried to as i have pain in my overies and period type pains , i just keep looking for alternative answers less stressful like ibs or a cyst or water inf etc.my hands contantly sweat with worry but i keep reasoning with myself it makes me feel sick.ive had health anxiety for months now and its now at its worst.im sure u will be fine and you virginal pain could be caused by a number of things, but us anxiety sufferers cant help but to fear the worst ay?!

wishing u well x

Cell block H fan
13-04-10, 17:17
hi!
ive just had a smear done waiting for my results im worried to as i have pain in my overies and period type pains , i just keep looking for alternative answers less stressful like ibs or a cyst or water inf etc.my hands contantly sweat with worry but i keep reasoning with myself it makes me feel sick.ive had health anxiety for months now and its now at its worst.im sure u will be fine and you virginal pain could be caused by a number of things, but us anxiety sufferers cant help but to fear the worst ay?!

wishing u well x

You'll be fine chick, we have a habit of connecting things up & coming to the worst conclusion. I did the exact same thing years ago.
Its usually unconnected thankfully. Its just horrible waiting for all the pieces to be put in their place! Its amazing how the symptoms seems to ease off then too.
xxx

blondie47
13-04-10, 21:11
How old are you? If you are in your 40s or even late 30s, I would not be surprised if its not related to perimenopause. I have the wackiest cycle. I hardly get a period at all, but am so sick at ovulation and for every day after until I get my period. Add stress and anxiety to that and everything goes haywire.

I hope you are able to sort it out. :hugs:

Cell block H fan
13-04-10, 21:14
How old are you? If you are in your 40s or even late 30s, I would not be surprised if its not related to perimenopause. I have the wackiest cycle. I hardly get a period at all, but am so sick at ovulation and for every day after until I get my period. Add stress and anxiety to that and everything goes haywire.

I hope you are able to sort it out. :hugs:

Cheers. I'm 39, so you're probably right. I get pain free times here n there so I manage to keep it in perspective most the time & forget about it until the next time.
I will be glad when it all stops! I know older women will think i'm crazy saying that, because the menopause brings other problems I guess. I just get fed up with periods lol I dont want anymore children so its not needed!
:)
x