PDA

View Full Version : Balance/anxiety/depression

jtm847
10-04-10, 20:02
I am a 22 yr old male who is currently in college. This past year has been a terrible one for me at best. I started getting really bad anxiety and panic attacks out of no where. To the point where I was at work and I thought I was just gonna pass out right then and there. I went to see my doctor and they put me on paxil. Well I had an adverse reaction towards it and had a severe vomitting episode from it. Then they diagnosed me with depression. After that all happened about two months went by and my legs started feeling weird, like i just got off a boat all the time or a bouncy surface. I went back to the doctor and the blood test were fine, my red blood count was at 17.6 which I dont know is normal but they said it was a little off. Then it started getting worse where I literally would be walking then I would literally almost fall over. While this was happening my head by ears would feel extremely heavy. I am just sick and tired of being afraid to walk and dont know if it is signs of ALS MS or even HIV, though all of my partners are clean. But has anyone else had these feelings? I just dont know what to do.....

jtm847
10-04-10, 20:05
oh and i always have eye floaters everywhere in the sunlight its extremely annoying.

Onwards & Upwards
10-04-10, 22:45
Hey

It's possible that you might have an inner ear disorder, have a look here:

http://www.vestibular.org/vestibular-disorders/symptoms.php (http://www.vestibular.org/vestibular-disorders/symptoms.php) & here: http://labyrinthitis.org.uk/

I had to battle with GP's in the past to prove that my dizziness was ear-related because as soon as I said I don't get the room-spinning kinda dizziness, they were like "Well, it can't be your ears then". Utter nonsense! Look at the symptoms listed on that first link!

Em

Onwards & Upwards
10-04-10, 22:54
Oh and four months into my dizziness I developed constant floaters in both eyes, haven't yet had this confirmed that this is linked to my ear trouble but I really reckon it is. My theory is that if your ear is "mis-firing" and sending incorrect signals to your brain then your eyes are working over-time and are strained, thus, floaters! When my floaters appeared, the first thing I checked was whether there were more than I've seen before (cos we all have them sometimes) and I felt that there were not more than usual, so I'm sure it's because my eyes are having to work extra hard 'cause my ear is useless!

Ask your docs to explore the whole ear thing, cos this dizziness can go on and on and can be bloody misery and can make you feel as though you are going mad!

Em

jtm847
11-04-10, 04:32
can that really cause me to want to fall over all the time and feel like im going to pass out or just fall over

guitarpants
11-04-10, 05:54
can that really cause me to want to fall over all the time and feel like im going to pass out or just fall over

I think so, I had this for MONTHS. It just kind of went away one day.

Onwards & Upwards
11-04-10, 12:07

Absolutely! Some people with inner ear problems do actually fall over. Your ears are vitally important to your balance.

Inner ear problems can be due to a virus having damaged the inner ear or it can be little crystals moving about in your inner ear or even the tiny little hairs in your inner ear can come loose and cause dizziness.

jtm847
11-04-10, 23:23
can my anxiety make me feel like im going to pass out while exercising?