PDA

View Full Version : Left Side Pain

mywinterfirefly
10-04-10, 20:16
Hi,
For some reason I'm really worried about this. I've always got little pains over my body. They don't really hurt and go within minutes. This has been happening since I was 5 and I'm sure it's nothing very bad.

But 3 days ago I had pain in my lower abdomen, I thought it was mid-cycle pain, which I get a lot. But yesterday I woke up and the pain had moved. I was sort of in my middle abdomen and though out the day it moved, but only in the left abdomen, very occasionally to the right but never above my rib cage. This morning I woke up and felt quite ill, but it got better very quickly. Now the pain is under my left rib. The pain everywhere has been dull and isn't always there. It seems to have gotten a bit better today. I'm really scared. I've been looking on the internet (Not the best idea I know) and I'm really worried it's a kidney infection. I'm also terrified of the doctors.

Before I wrote this I read a similar thread and people said it was probably stress. I have been under stress a week ago when my computer broke, and it's got worse now I think I've got cancer. I'm sure this has happened before but it's really scared me this time. I'm 14 and as far as I know have never had any problems before. Please help!

Maj
10-04-10, 20:56
Hello,
For many years I had left sided pain. I didn't think about it much but when it increased I saw my gp. She told me that it must be muscular. I have since read that left sided pain is quite often suffered by anxiety sufferers. To be honest this actually reassured me that it was nothing serious. It gradually disappeared. Pain like this can quite often also be digestive discomfort. Maybe sucking a mint, or antacid might help. I honestly don't think it's anything to worry about, so please don't worry too much.
Myra x

DoogieJ
12-04-10, 14:21
As myra said, I had similar when I had a bad bout of anxiety and IBS that went with it, the pain would switch daily between the four corners of my abdomen, I also got a sharp stabbing pain right in my belly button. The gastro enterologist I saw said it's all just IBS and not to worry. 2 days later, I had nothing.

bronte
12-04-10, 17:45
hi everyone i too suffer with left sided pain lower stomach left hip even left side of my vagina i went to see a reflexology recently for my anxiety and ibs and she asked me if i suffered from left sided pain when i said yes which i was surprised she picked up on she said she could tell i dont no how

Jenny
12-04-10, 19:12
Hi,
I to have pain in my left side which radiates around my back. Sometimes the pain is quite sharpe. At christmas I had my gall bladder out but I was told it wasn't really anything to do with that. I have seen a chiropractitioner who was very helpfull.

Jenny xx