PDA

View Full Version : feel so weird

chili2424
10-04-10, 22:55
hey,

for the past 3 days I've had some really weird sensations mentally. Along with my physical symptoms of breathing and upset stomach I have been getting some weird mental problems lately. Im constantly in the "fogged out" state and just simply don't feel NORMAL! It's hard to describe exactly but sometimes I feel like I'm having a sort of "brain attack" when I get real bad moments. Like a really horrible feeling inside my head (not a pain, but an extreme uncomfortableness). It feels so weird and I'm so scared I'm going to develop a serious mental condition and become mentally challenged. I keep telling myself its just a symptom of anxiety and it will pass hopefully but my brain just freaks out and I get so scared i'm never going to be normal again. I'm going to my doctor's soon about this but I have no idea how to describe this to him without him thinking im a nut job and sending me away... Need some help with this cause I hate this anxiety so so bad! I need tips on what i do when i get these feelings I feel like im losing brain function what the hell is going on!!

Maj
10-04-10, 23:02
You are not weird, or going "nuts". It is an anxiety symptom like any other symptom and it's caused by anxious introspection. That's why you have the foggy feeling. It's very common when anxious. I, too, had a feeling like this last night when I was out for dinner with my family. I'd had an anxious week and felt as though I was sitting in a bubble whilst they were all in another place!! It soon passed. Don't be afraid of it because that's why it happens more and more. When you lose your fear it will gradually go, not overnight, but eventually. You are not alone with this so please don't despair.
Myra x