Broken Wings
10-04-10, 23:45
Has anyone else got ME?

How are you coping with it?

Any helping tips?

x

suzy-sue
11-04-10, 00:29
Hi there was a member here I recall that had ME .I havnt seen her on here for a while tho .You may find you get more replies if you go to the introduction page and tell us all a bit more about yourself and problems .Do you also suffer with ptsd ? ....By the way ..:welcome: .to NMP ....Take care Sue x

Luna
11-04-10, 03:03
I have cfs/me.

Although now I think a lot of my symptoms are anxiety and depression. I'm trying to get cognitive behaviour therapy to sort it out. I guess if that works then it was anxiety all along.

It has limited my life. I was on incapacity benefit for years. My advice is to except your limitations and not to push yourself too hard. Be nice to yourself.

annette1
11-04-10, 15:13
I was diagnosed with CFS in June 08 following being ill with a virus for 3mths, the previous 2 yrs had also been very stressful & I'd been running 20hrs a day. For the next 6mths I didn't work & rested as much as I could, just being guided by my body as to whether I should rest, sleep or exercise. Then in Nov 08 after an intense period of anxiety I was diagnosed with PTSD.

I started therapy with a psychologist in Jan 09 & having given her my medical history I queried CFS with her. In her opinion it is largely psychological & that in my case it could just be a result of the freeze reaction I'd had to my trauma. So then I was stuck between her saying get yourself out exercise as much as you can & my Gp telling me to take it easy.
As we have worked through my trauma during the last year, true enough my energy levels increased & I no longer experience the heaviness & pains in my arms & legs. My concentration has improved & I'm back at work full time. I'm still working on my memory, dissociation from ptsd is making that difficult.

I no longer consider if I can do something or if it will wear me out if I have got CFS then it will have to live with me. I do think our mental state affects how CFS presents itself & I have been lucky enough to have had the help of my psychologist to work through that.

As I understand it ME is much harder to manage. I hope others will be able to help you further.

Annette

Broken Wings
11-04-10, 22:46
Thanks for all your advice so far guys :o)

Suzy-Sue, yes, doctors at the ME Clinic i go to told me i suffered PTSD which in turn managed to give me ME. All thanks to a car crash i was in just over a year ago. 6 months off of work and reduced hours since are still washing me out. Trying to find ways to cope but so far nothing seems to have any effect.

Hope everyone is ok

xxx

Luna
18-04-10, 22:24
I just wanted to make it clear i don't have PTSD. I was posting here because of the ME connection.