View Full Version : please help quick!

kathrynfleming
11-04-10, 01:25
ive started feeling dizzy again
and thats makin my chest starting to hurt
please help me quick what can i do to calm down?:weep:

suzy-sue
11-04-10, 01:43
Take some deep breaths through your nose ..count to seven .Let them out through your mouth counting to 11 ..It will pass ,dont fight it .Keep breathing deeply ..Dont hunch your shoulders ..

kathrynfleming
11-04-10, 01:53
thank you i feel much better now :) i'm gunna try that more often it seems to work

suzy-sue
11-04-10, 02:02
How are you now Kathryn ? ..When you get these panics ,try not to feel afraid of them ,,They wont hurt you ..The more you react to them the worse and longer they are .Lie down and breath deeply ,the counting in and out will distract you ,Do this until you feel it has passed .They really feel frightening I know ,but its only the Adrenaline .You get the pain from the tense muscles it causes ,once you become more relaxed it will pass .. Sorry I didnt see your post earlier .But hope you are ok now ? Take care Sue x:hugs:

kathrynfleming
11-04-10, 02:11
thank you sue im feeling alot better now :) im just glad its passed. the thing i've learnt about panic attacks is that you know that they will eventuslly pass but it does'nt stop you from feeling like they never will. And thank you for the awesome advice it really helped :) sometimes its a little hard when i have panic attacks they just start for no reason. I had my first one about a week before i was going into hospital for an operation to have some of my teeth removed i told everyone i was'nt worried and i actually thought i was'nt until i had the panic attack :( i thought they would stop after i had the operation but i guess i was wrong :( but i'm so glad i cant talk to you and others to help me get through things like this thanks again :hugs::bighug1:lolz x