PDA

View Full Version : weight/water retention

moomintroll
11-04-10, 19:16
has anyone else found propanalol affecting their weight or making them retain water, i have noticed i feel heavier and more blown up since taking it especially my ankles and my tummy :shrug:

Angie_
22-04-10, 23:34
I've been on Propranolol for a good few years and I suffer with terrible swollen ankles. Worringly, my left leg is much worse than my right. They've been so bad I have been to my walk-in centre a few times, and even got sent to A & E with suspected DVT. (It wasn't).
Every time I mention the propranolol as a possible cause I just get shot down. It's frustrating that no-one will even consider it. At times, I've been unable to find any shoe to fit, and I always get sent home with just a bandage.
It's interesting to know there's someone else who suspects the propranolol.

Hope you get it sorted. I just felt that the pros outweighed the cons, despite having the legs of a baby elephant. (Fat I mean, not grey and wrinkled).
:)

suzy-sue
22-04-10, 23:48
That doesnt sound very nice at all .Maybe you should come off it and try a different kind .Something else will help and its worth a try .Id speak to your Dr about it .That way you would definately know if it was causing this to happen ..Good Luck Sue x

AG
24-05-10, 20:34
I put on a stone in weight during the year that I was on them (80mg per day for panic attacks) and the weight gain really got me down. I've now come off the tabs, with the help of my Dr, and have been off them completely for 2 weeks. The Dr said the weight should drop back off again. If you can get off them I definitely recommend it. I wish I'd never gone on them!