PDA

View Full Version : Aches and Pains in My Feet

shyoldguy
11-04-10, 20:20
This is an odd problem, I think partly anxiety related, partly real.

I seem to have very small feet (narrow) so that very few shoes bought in the high street fit me. My of the time I have mess around with various combinations of inserts, foam and chiropody felt to get shoes to fit. The problem seems to have got worse over the years. I get nervous buying things anyway and the problem seems to be getting worse over the years. I'm not sure that's all anxiety or shoe sizes have been getting bigger.

I get pain in my right ankle and also developed plantar fasciitis, which is damage to the ligament at the base of the foot. This might be due to the fact I'm wearing shoes that don't fit properly. My feet too get very hot and uncomfortable in warm weather.

All this restricts me from going out and doing things.

None of therapists I have seen wanted to discuss this. I wanted to talk about finding strategies to solve this problem.

i'm now trying to get special shoes made to measure. To date this has n't been successful. Maybe because I get nervous and don't think through exactly what I need. I'm now going back to one place I had shoes made before to see if they can adjust them so that they are right for me.

This is such a weird problem i'm not expecting anyone to come up with answers. This is just where things are for me right now.

lindajane1971
11-04-10, 22:27
I feel your pain!!
Ive had plantar fasciitis since oct 08 and i tell you its brought more tears to my eyes than when i gave birth to my kids. I was using my grans walking stick for a while!! I couldnt walk anywhere and put on heaps of weight.
I bought literally dozens of different shoes & inserts and they did nothing really, i now just have a lot of shoes.
Painkillers and creams/gels didnt do anything and exercises from physio made it worse!! I froze a small juice bottle with water and used that like a rolling pin with my foot to try to stretch the ligament, it did ease it a bit but only while i was using it.
I bought a splint off the internet to wear in bed and that DID help a wee bit but it was irritating to wear all night and i would often wake up and fling it across the bedroom lol.
In the end i asked my doc for the injection (i think its a steriod but im not sure) on the sorest spot on the heel of my foot, ive had this twice, the first time it stung a bit but worked almost instantaly and i was able to walk home normally. It only lasted a few weeks though and was back more painfull than ever.
The second injection was extremly painful and i was hobbling about in agony for two days but after that the pain eased off a bit and i was almost pain free.
6 months on from that last injection the pain is back but is duller and much more bearable - at least i can go up and down stairs now without crying in pain, and i can take the dog for a walk at long last.

My feet also feel uncomfortable in hot weather, i have laminate flooring which is cooling but walking on it without footwear of some sort really agrivates it. I bought a pair of Crocks (real ones not the cheap copies) which are light and airy and are better than warm slippers for me to wear about the house. I dont care if they look odd, they ease the pain so will do for me!!!!

Ask your doc about the injection, it worked for me,

Good Luck x

Tero
30-01-11, 23:55
Bringing up an old thread as it addresses the old problem.

I have Plantar fasciitis type of pain on the ball of my foot. This is not surprising as my big toe was operated last fall.

Any more solutions? One sufferer puts her foot for 10 minutes in cold water or even on the snow, then 10 minutes in warm to hot water.