PDA

View Full Version : I Have just had a panic attack.....why?

ScaredCaz
11-04-10, 22:58
Hi Guys

I have just had a mild panic attack and i dont know why i suffer from health anxiety and i am scared this will knock me back down

I only had 4 hours sleep last night i have a son with Autism and with the school holidays and the clocks changing it has affected his routine and he is struggling to sleep i have pretty much been on the go all day and i have just sat in bed to watch telly and go on the laptop for a while

I ate 2 angel slices(dont know if tht is relevant) and felt like my chest went cold and i could feel my heart beating but not really pounding if you know what i mean i kept telling myself it was a minor panic attack i was ok it had happened before and worse etc etc and talked myself calm now i feel very tired i did not feel too bad before and i ache all of a sudden my back shoulders arms even my hands

Am i ok? i had a full blood count back in sept time last year could my heart have got bad in 6 months? please help i am scared :weep:

jothenurse
11-04-10, 23:03
I'm sure you are just fine - and your heart is just fine. Lack of sleep can make some of this worse and it does sound that you have a lot of stress.
Just relax (I know, hard to do).

ScaredCaz
11-04-10, 23:41
Hi Jothenurse

Thanks so much for your reply

I feel a little better i just dont want to feel down for weeks on end now that this has happened i am trying to stay positive and i know in my head i have not had enough sleep and that doesnt help

Thanks again

jothenurse
12-04-10, 00:10
I know how difficult it is to have the panicky feelings returned. I had panic about 30 years ago. Took a benzodiazepine and received counseling and worked through it. Now, I have it back real bad. So disappointing. I have tried a couple of SSRI's for a day or two and just couldn't handle it. I have bad palpitations and am on a beta-blocker. I also am now taking Ativan. The psychiatrist said it is addicting, but it can help me relax, and I can taper it off later. (hopefully I will be able to do that). I'm pretty much anxious all the time, with a lot of weight loss.