PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about iodine injection/drink for CT Scan

mom1982
12-04-10, 05:01
Hi i have to go for a CT scan of the abdomen that involves either an Iodine injection or drink and I've read all the side effects and though their rare, my uncle died of a massive heart attack from the contrast injection given for an MRI. And my health anx is making it very difficult for me to get this CT Scan done.

Anyone had these iodine solutions and any advise pls?

Peter_Scott
12-04-10, 14:48
OP,
Sorry to hear about your Uncle, it has made me think as I have an MRI with contrast in the next week or so, but I need the scan so have no option.

The drink that is given for a CT scan can make you feel warm for a few moments but it soon passes, the only people who must not have it are people who suffer from asthma,

Peter

crazyhayz
12-04-10, 17:31
i had the injection and it wasnt nice but it isnt scary or nefing. its just a hot feeling u get all over the inside of ur body, then it goes soon after. its isnt atall bad. just very very strange, i did have a panic attack in there but thats because id convinced myself i had a brainn tumour, and when the injection made me go all hot i thought i was guna faint, but i didnt, so i panicked about nothing lol, especially as my results were normal! ul be fine x just do breathing exercises before u go in and during/after, in for 6 out for 7. Hope it goes ok xx