PDA

View Full Version : Could this be an ovarian problem

Cat80
12-04-10, 10:54
I get daily, nearly continuous pain all across my lower stomach (loads of gas too) and the occassional stabbing pain lowe down on the right hand side. I'd told myself it's just my IBS (even though nothing helps the pain). I also feel sick all the time and generally just ill, really run down and off.

Last night I turned over in bed, onto my side and tucked my legs up. When I did this I felt a pressure and pain low down on the right, it felt like there was a lump or something.

I'm not having abnormal bleeding and my periods aren't heavy (am on the pill). I just don't want to go to the Dr's about this as I know the first check is an internal and I won't have one of those no matter what.

Do you think this could be a cyst or IBS? Just don't get the lump feeling. Can't feel anything when I press my stomach (which is flat) but when I was laid on my side last night could feel against my stomach a lump (not with my hands)

Neuro
12-04-10, 11:04
Had exactly the same thing, it's either IBS or dietary, try avoiding dairy products for a while and see if it helps.

Cell block H fan
12-04-10, 11:28
Yes I have had this the last few weeks off & on. But mine is always on the left. It fools me every time & I relate it to the ovary on that side, & yes I know what you mean about the lump, internal feeling, rather than feeling it externally with the hand.
I am 99% sure mine is I.B.S though, even though I haven't got any change in bowel habits & my periods too are normal as they always are. But when I was diagnosed with I.B.S years ago I didn't have the runs or constipation then either, mine tends be all bubbly belly & pain!
I do feel the pains seem to be hormone related, I sometimes think they start when i'm ovulating.. But I am now sure its coincedental, or maybe changes in hormones does bring on I.B.S. I wonder if anyone knows about that? I daren't google lol
x

Cat80
12-04-10, 14:28
Thanks for the replies.

I think my mind is just running away with me lately as my anxiety hasn't been good in a while.

Cell_block_H_fan (love the name, used to watch that all the time), yes IBS is definately something that gets worse with hormonal changes. Very common to happen for the week or so leading upto your period and while on it too

kellyanne
13-04-10, 12:58
im so glad i just read your posts was so worried about pains in my left ovary area and a mix of waiting for my smear results(i criedf on the nurse who did it like a baby) anxiety is at its peak feel so frightened at least these symptoms are not uncommen

kel xxx

Cell block H fan
13-04-10, 16:58
im so glad i just read your posts was so worried about pains in my left ovary area and a mix of waiting for my smear results(i criedf on the nurse who did it like a baby) anxiety is at its peak feel so frightened at least these symptoms are not uncommen

kel xxx

The pain you have mentioned is what had me going for the smear in the first place all those years ago Kel, the one that came back abnormal. Abnormal cells dont cause pain though, it was just natures cruel twist of fate at the time! Totally unrelated. Whilst I was waiting for the smear result I was sent for an ultrasound scan on the ovaries, & that was all clear. It was eventually put down to I.B.S.
Ive had it off & on for the last 17 years now, & it fools me every time, thinking its an ovary cyst, or ovary Canc.. (I cant even say the word! lol) but i'm still here. Its always on the left, never on the right. I even wondered if it was Appendicitis all those years ago, until I heard that starts on the other side?!
Maybe people didn't complain about aches & pains years ago, but this confusion with ovary pain & I.B.S definitely seems to be on the increase for some bizarre reason.
x

Cat80
16-04-10, 10:28
Thanks for the replies.

I guess another reason I was worried is I am peeing for fun. I can go to the loo and 10 mins later feel like I need to go again. Like last night I went twice before bed within 20 mins of each other but once back in bed felt like I needed to go again. I have been weeing a lot lately and am worried that maybe something is in me pressing on my bladder?