PDA

View Full Version : Its my daughters 10th birthday tomorrow, i dont want to ruin it...

sarah jayne
12-04-10, 15:24
I suffer from anxiety and seem to have had all the physiacal symptoms over the past few years, im only 29 but feel like my life is over. At the moment im aching all over, im struggling to walk, my ankle is swollen ( has been since november), ive got headache and for the past 4 days ive felt really sick, i also keep going dizzy and lightheaded:weep:
Its my little girls birthday tomorrow and i really want to do something special with her but i just dont feel up to it, ive got tickets to take her to alton towers on sunday and i really hope im able to. I feel like im letting my family down and im so scared that theres something seriously wrong with me as im always in pain and ill. My husband is lovely but he works long hours so cant be here all the time, i just dont know what to do. Im just sick of feeling like im dying everyday and sick of ruing my childrens childhood....

MightyPC
12-04-10, 16:12
Sarah Jayne, try and keep your head up and please try and stay positive - I know it`s hard. Try and do something with your little girl tomorrow.

I can fully support what you are saying as over the last 2 months I have never had so much joint / bone pain and aches. Good luck

pb
12-04-10, 18:30
Hi SarahJayne,

Maybe you could take your daughter to the cinema, i took my niece to see Alice in Wonderland and she loved it, plus you can sit down and dont have to walk around.
Sorry to hear that your still struggling with pain - im the same and am no where near a diagnosis.
It must be very hard to cope with a young family.
Take care,
PB

blondie47
13-04-10, 21:19
Well as a long time sufferer of HA I will tell you I have learned to keep it away from my kids. I never ever want them to mirror what they see from me.

My son's 15th birthday is tomorrow. As much as I want to hole up and not deal with any of it, I know I have to put on a brave face. The way I think of it is this: if I am dying (and lets face it, we all are - some just sooner than others!) - then I should live each day like its my last. I think that is the one good thing about having HA (imagine that, something good about this awful illness!), its that it is a reminder to appreciate life while we still have it. If we spend all our time worried about dying, what kind of life is that for us, and especially our children?

I hope you're able to enjoy your daughter's birthday tomorrow. If you aren't up for a big to-do, then maybe something quieter but still fun for your daughter. Good luck!